Poll

Do you think Marijuana should be legalized for purchase and usage above the age of 21?

Yes
51 (53.1%)
No
45 (46.9%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Author Topic: Weed superpoll/Discussion thread 2: Do you think Marijuana should be legalized?  (Read 7294 times)

Took me 2 days to get the smell of it out my room :(

Who would you rather have on the road? A drunk or a high driver. I know my pick.

Legalize it! :D

No because it has more cancer-causing agents in it than cigarettes.
(fact)
By the way, Otis, it still pollutes the environment and it also murders your lungs, almost as bad as cigarettes.
Marijuana has no filters. It produces smoke. It's not good no matter how you try to put it--even if people use it as "right" as possible, they're still loving stuff up.
Actually that's not a fact. Marijuana is no where NEAR as dangerous as cigarettes, as I said before in this thread, and there's actually scientific backing that it is nearly harmless.
Cigarettes emit Cyanide and Strychnine.
Marijuana emits THC
You can't say a light psychoactive is more dangerous than two highly effective poisons (and those are just my two favorite out of the roostertail that is the cig).

Also, just to challenge your argument: Why would medical professionals and scientists support medical marijuana for CANCER PATIENTS if it causes cancer?

(fact)
By the way, Otis, it still pollutes the environment and it also murders your lungs, almost as bad as cigarettes.
Marijuana has no filters. It produces smoke. It's not good no matter how you try to put it--even if people use it as "right" as possible, they're still loving stuff up.

lol

Show me a case where someone has gotten cancer from marijuana.

What they put on abovetheinfluence.com is for handicaps.
(fact)

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 09:12:39 AM by Jaydee »

(fact)
No where did I make an argument about the health effects of marijuana, cigarette, or alcohol use.
(fact)

No where did I make an argument about the health effects of marijuana, cigarette, or alcohol use.
(fact)

It's irrelevant because his "fact" is a lie.

It's irrelevant because his "fact" is a lie.
I know, but he provided a counter-point to something I never argued about.

edit:

The anti-drug education in this country is a bigger risk than the actual drugs. It's hammered in your head that drugs are evil and even being within five feet of marijuana will kill you instantly. Then when kids actually smoke some they realize it's not so bad and that the anti-drug messages were crap. Then they OD on heroine, which is a nasty thing.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 10:44:15 AM by Otis Da HousKat »

Hey guys so I heard this stuff is illegal in your country.

just play another one bites the dust backwards and you will get the answer

just play another one bites the dust backwards and you will get the answer
I hope you realize that, that is an urban legend and has no factual backing.

I hope you realize that, that is an urban legend and has no factual backing.

What allegedly happens when you play it backward?
Also, legalize it.
Like somebody (I think Inv3rdted) said, this should be legal and cigarettes shouldn't.

I think if it were illegal it would help people get over the douchey "pothead" aspect of it. Most douchebag kids like to brag about doing something illegal.