Carnage Film Studios (CFS)

Author Topic: Carnage Film Studios (CFS)  (Read 129260 times)

Do you like Blockland videos? I sure as hell do. If you like them just as much as I do, perhaps you would consider joining Carnage Film Studios. This is a formation of Blockland players who just can't get enough of filming, acting, and even writing their own scripts. We are not a building clan. We find what build can be useful to the story planned for the video, and use it. If players would like to build something for the video, that's fine. You will not be judged by your building skills. Only judged by what branch you are in. Any player is welcome. Except of course the people on the blacklist. =o

Filming times will be done based on United Kingdom Time Zone.

Clan Leaders
 • 3674 Raiden - Filming/Editing/Acting/Voice Acting
 • 15293 Freeze - Acting/Scripting/Set Builder

Clan Moderators
 • 4283 Treynolds416 - Set Builder

Members
 • 3824 SirLancelot - Acting/Set Builder
 • 12879 Zloff - Acting/Set Builder
 • 3766 Shard - Acting/Scripting
 • 7901 Bithead9 - Acting
 • 15418 JAW959 - Scripting/SFX/Acting
 • 15735 Nixton - Acting/Set Builder
 • 15103 Slurp - Acting/Voice Acting
 • 5270 Duck Invaders - Acting/Set Builder

There are 6 branches. Members may apply for more than one branch. They can even apply for all.

• Filming - If you have a recording program, you may apply for this branch.
     (Please have a registered copy of FRAPS, or Hypercam. If you use Camtasia, don't apply for
     this branch. Camtasia is just horrible...)

• Editing - People who are familiar with using video editing software may apply for this branch.
    (Includes, but is not limited to: Windows Movie maker, Cyberlink PowerDirector, Vegas Movie
    Studio, Pinnacle Studio, and many more....)

• Acting - Those in this branch must be good at memorizing scripts, and acting them on time.
    Messing up a script isn't too fatal, since the bad clip can be removed, and re-recorded.
    However, it will make the filming for the video take even longer.

• Voice Acting - You must have a microphone for this, obviously. You also need to speak
    clearly, and not slur, or stutter your words. If you have a voice changer, that's great. If you
    do not, you can send the voice clips to someone in the clan that has one. Do not apply for
    this branch if you have a problem with others hearing your voice.

• Scripting - The branch that requires the most talent. If you are a good story writer, then this
    is the part for you. Try not to make some crap story such as this one: "Once upon a time, a
    man jumped off a cliff, and he died... The end..."

• Set builders - Added by request. Some members would like to build sets for the videos.
    This requires building, and eventing skills. They mainly need to focus on the eventing, so the
    set can be rigged to do what is required. Must show work in application. Post your
    build in gallery, and the moderators will make a decision.

Clan tags for the clan are not required. We're here to make videos. Not type crap in our clan tags field...  :cookieMonster:

-Application Format-

Name:

BL_ID:

What you are applying for:

Reason For Applying:

Experience for the branch/branches in which you are applying for:

Quote from: Application Example
Name: Raiden

BL_ID: 3674

What you are applying for: Filming, Acting, Voice Acting, Editing, and a wee bit of scripting.

Reason For Applying: I'm addicted to making videos, and if I don't get my fix, someone is getting stabbed.

Experience for the branch/branches in which you are applying for: I've made quite a few videos, but only 3 of them are decent. Zombie Outbreak, New Bike, Day At The Office. I was a backup actor in these films. I recorded, them, and edited them. I have a trailer on the way (Sedrick and TJ's Excellent Adventure) in which I am acting, recording, editing, and voice acting for.

• The Coffee Blockhead    -By Freeze
 • Mission: Heist    -By Freeze

• Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - CFS Was formed
 • Friday, April 23, 2010 - The Coffee Blockhead has been released
 • Monday, August 23, 2010 Mission: Heist has been released

Chesse20 ID: ???? - Severe idiot

« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 01:16:03 PM by Hellriot »

Neat.
I might apply later. Too tired right now.

statch that i want to join now!!!

Sure thing. Just make an application with the appropriate format, and I'll get back to you. =)

-Application Format-

Name:

BL_ID:

Talents:

Reason For Applying:

Experience for the branch in which you are applying for:

Sure thing. Just make an application with the appropriate format, and I'll get back to you. =)

i'm Man of the future
and i really want to act for a video
i will do what you say for my part

Do you have any experience with acting? If so, please tell.
What is your Blockland ID? If you don't know it, I can get it some other time.

i will read the script for the video

i will rehearce for it and do what my line is

i will read the script for the video

i will rehearce for it and do what my line is

I will accept you for now. If you're skills seem to be of some good use, you can stay. If you seem like you have no idea what you are doing during the filming, you're out.

-Removed-

Posted same thing twice.

great i'll start tommorow because it's 3:34 AM when i made this post (CENTRAL TIME)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:41:05 PM by manofthefuture »

Name: Skip

BL_ID: 807

Talents: Filming*, Acting

Reason For Applying: I enjoy making Blockland (or any game, really) movies.

Experience for the branch in which you are applying for:
Filming* - Only some practice with simple things. Nothing notable, but I want to give it a try. (Registered version of Fraps)
Acting - Several parts in Sarge's "The Heist," namely the van driver and the tech guy, and the black cop during the shooting near the end. (See edit)

* Not really a talent, just something I'm working on.

EDIT: I wasn't the black cop the entire video, only near the end.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 03:35:55 AM by Skip »

Hah! I loved that video! =D

You're in. Also, the filming isn't really all that hard. The only problem is, the lag. That can be taken care of by setting the timescale to .2, and then when editing, set the clip speed to the original speed. Voila! LagBGone!

EDIT: It's almost 5 AM. I'm out for the night.

Hah! I loved that video! =D

You're in. Also, the filming isn't really all that hard. The only problem is, the lag. That can be taken care of by setting the timescale to .2, and then when editing, set the clip speed to the original speed. Voila! LagBGone!

EDIT: It's almost 5 AM. I'm out for the night.
Yay.

And you mean you're out for the morning? :P

Oops. Yeah. Good morning. =)