42 (41.6%)
Playstation 3. :D
28 (27.7%)
I have a life.
14 (13.9%)
I suck so much I like X-Box 360.
17 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Wii vs Playstation 3  (Read 10961 times)

Meh. The reason it costs so much is because of the Blu-Ray. I admit; the graphics of blu-ray are quite impressive... but it adds a couple hundred to the price.

Blu-Ray, if I remember properly, is simply using a blue laser instead of a red one to read from the disc(a different sort of disc of course), the shorter wavelength significantly increases the capacity.... so I guess they could fit in more gfx stuff, but that's not all it does.

I voted I have a life... which just means that I use the computer instead of consoles >.<

Wii, all the way.  PS3 has nothing of interest other than graphics, really.  The most anticipated game for it, Resistance:  Fall of Man for the PS3, only got 30fps in-game, which would make me mad..since, ya' know, if I spend 600 dollars or more on the PS3, I want at least 60fps.

My pre-ordered Wii, Zelda, and extra controller/nunchuck come in a week.

I heard from somewhere that the Metal Gear Solid series may be moving over to the 360, so that will hopefully lose a lot of Playstation fans. I like both the 360 (Gears of motherf*cking War) and the Wii, but the only console I generally don't like is the Playstation. They can lick my nuts.

There have always been rumors about the Metal Gear Solid franchise, rarly have they ever came ture, (i.e Metal Gear Solid: The Movie)

And Goddamn they need to redeem themselves for that damn card battle game for the PSP.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 12:28:45 PM by Ronin »

PS3 Is actually stealing ideas...I am a Sony fan but this is true...They stole the Wii's wireless controller, the xbox's built in save thingy...a couple others I can't think of at the moment too.

Sony always had the wireless controller, so does XBox

Sony had a deal with Logitech and now the wireless controller isn't only for one system

I wouldn't really say they stole the hard drive....That's just what's coming in the next generation.  That's like saying they stole wireless controllers.  Movement sensors, however, they blatantly ripped off from Nintendo.

I heard from somewhere that the Metal Gear Solid series may be moving over to the 360, so that will hopefully lose a lot of Playstation fans. I like both the 360 (Gears of motherf*cking War) and the Wii, but the only console I generally don't like is the Playstation. They can lick my nuts.
I read that too, I forgot the name of the company that made MGS, but it is so expensive to make that they will have to port it to the 360. Anways, I'll go with the 360: better online service (even though you pay, but it's less than the price of one game a year), awesome exclusives (Halo, Gears, Halo Wars, Banjo, Lost Planet, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Too Human, just to name a few), ability to transfer saves to your computer, the new 100 gb harddrive (which is said to be a rumor, but I think it was confirmed), and much more.

Dammit I just want to play MGS4, screw everything else!

And your thinking of Konami, the maker of MGS and other products

Hideo Kojima, my favorite game designer....right above Fumito Ueda.