Author Topic: Working Elevator  (Read 3104 times)

Elevator Build
Hello everyone. You know that many people asked for an elevator addon, don't you? It was made, then removed due to lag and bugs.

My point is: You don't need an addon to make one. Proof? Download the build and you'll see.
Note: It does need some more work, but the basic function, to lift blockheads up, is there. Feel free to post your own, and probably better, version of this elevator.

System Requirements:
VCE mod variables
Zone bricks and Zone events
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 02:54:52 PM by Herrerarausaure »

An elevator addon was never released.

An elevator addon was never released.
Yes there was, JVS Elevators, then it got failed.

^This^

It was a plate that you would event...
Couldnt you just do Teleport/Add velocity.... Needs more description

Well, teleport is disappearing an instant, and reappearing somewhere else. SetVelocity is movement, so in 1st person view it feels more realistic.

It never got released.

JVS Elevators weren't even elevators, they were just the JVS Doors renamed.

The ones that were failed at least.

I recall going to a server where there was a plate that went up and down o:

Rykuta?

Rykuta?
No, the working elevators are made by Nixill, others by I forgot, and even more by Lance.

I remember something like that. A stuff-ton of plates and a big relay on a zombie server?

why would you need VCE for an elevator...? unless it's with zones and you just push them up or down in a 0 gravity chamber until they're at the correct spot?

Static glass shape that was moved up and down by events, a mover. Made by Clockwork(s?) if I remember correctly.
It wasn't an elevator it was a mover that used a spammy way to make it appear like it was fluid movement.