Author Topic: Worlds (AKA "The Planets" map)  (Read 29014 times)

nothing from the OP in over a month. :/
This thing is pretty much dead

The map is finished. It has been uploaded to RTB and is pending approval.

It no longer has atmospheres and sky cubes as they look awful in-game. This is due to how the engine handles and lights large, simple DTS shapes.

I will upload an environment save complete with lava, water, and some weather effects to enhance the map as soon as it is ready.

Final arrangement of build areas is as follows...
  • Spawn world at the center of the map
  • Lava world with lava lakes and a large cave system
  • Asteroid field adjacent to Lava world
  • Water world
  • Small moon near the Water world
  • Desert world
  • Ice world with large ravine and mountain

Let me know what you think of the map and how it could be improved.

was it approved on rtb?

Not yet, but it is visible in the holding tank. It's a little unnerving to see that some add_ons have been waiting in the holding tank for weeks or even months. If it isn't available soon I will post the file up somewhere else so you can play in the mean time.

The map is finished. It has been uploaded to RTB and is pending approval.

It no longer has atmospheres and sky cubes as they look awful in-game. This is due to how the engine handles and lights large, simple DTS shapes.

I will upload an environment save complete with lava, water, and some weather effects to enhance the map as soon as it is ready.

Final arrangement of build areas is as follows...
  • Spawn world at the center of the map
  • Lava world with lava lakes and a large cave system
  • Asteroid field adjacent to Lava world
  • Water world
  • Small moon near the Water world
  • Desert world
  • Ice world with large ravine and mountain

Let me know what you think of the map and how it could be improved.

Can you post pictures of the map in orders and locations?
We won't want a lava world right beside a ice world would we now?

The map is up on RTB now, but it appears that I have not packaged it correctly and it will fail to appear in your map list if you download it. A fix will be available shortly.

The fix has now been uploaded. The update won't go out automatically until after the moderators check the file again. You can still download the fixed version directly by going to the file and re-downloading it.

The fix has now been uploaded. The update won't go out automatically until after the moderators check the file again. You can still download the fixed version directly by going to the file and re-downloading it.
Awesome.

So I'm sitting here on my parent's friends farm, totlally bored. With my one chance to be on the computer for the last tow days, and I check the forums.

I see this topic is near the top of Modification Discussion, and I totally flip out at Reactor's Post saying the map's under inspection of the RTB moderators. I run outside flailing my arms and jumping for joy, well that's an exaggeration, so what I really did was just run outside and tell my dad that the map I've most anticipated is finally released.

THANK YOU, REACTOR WORKER

So, like, the unapproved version of the map is available for download on RTB?

Or... what?