Author Topic: days left to retail?  (Read 8158 times)

Seems to me like they broke something. Especially in the mac ports, people are getting really really bad framerates on the same hardware that they run windows and mac on.

I find it particulary sad if you lack the basic sense of knowing how to convert irregular objects into something identifiable without using the editor wand.

The concept of editing bricks ruins the whole point of the game which is "Lego themed", you can't shape bricks in real life, why change the the way the game was meant to be played?

RTB Retail includes a stove and a mold. You have to place bricks, then melt them on the stove, and then mold them, so its realistic. If you don't take them off the stove in time, they might burn or become deformed. :D

No, not really. But there is no point in having an editor wand in the first place, since you can create new cuboid shaped bricks using 4 words in a text file.

I'm not sure if Badspot has simplified the development of irregular shaped bricks though.

yayyy for beer and boobies!

no wanding anymore! wewt

even though someone will make that mod anyway. and when the new community buys the game and comes to the forums posting their builds. there will be edited builds overpowering those threads making them say wtf... those arnt lego'ish builds.
whats the point in me working hard and posting this thing when the general outlook here is that wanded stuff = skillfull, standard bricks = noob

>.< ok. no ned to scream.

at least now i can remake 1980's town sets and not get shouted at.
Will there be vehis and will retail be modder friendly?

Badspot

• Administrator
>.< ok. no ned to scream.

at least now i can remake 1980's town sets and not get shouted at.
Will there be vehis and will retail be modder friendly?

I've managed to get Torque's vehicle code to not lag and not crash the server, so there will be vehicles.  Probably one of each kind, and you can easily add more.

Adding mods will be quite easy.  All you have to do is drop the scripts and models into the Add-ons directory and then activate them through a menu.  If you add a new weapon or vehicle or whatever, they are automatically added to the in-game wrench menus.

Magnificent, I have questions: Will there be patches or updates you can get after purchased? and any release date/estimated completion time yet?

And will the .cs convert to .dso while you are playing? This will prevent the need to restart BL.

But...he's removing movers!!!!

Oh no, now we can't lag servers up with pointless objects that glitch

This reminds me back when AiO was more popular. Someone told me of this fun f'ed up ever-moving door script that moving in the middle of the object. This script was build into AiO, all you needed to do was rotatingdoor2(NULL); . The problem was in worked on anything that was an object...You ever see bedroom spining around you? XD

If brick-bending is not to happen, some builds will be impossible!

You guys must realize, LEGO is only 99.9% accurate, and plastic does bend....

If *wand* is disallowed, brick-in-brick must be allowed like .1% just to make the bricks fit in certain arrangements!

No, no. You've got it all wrong Wiz. These bricks aren't LEGO trademark bricks. They are purposefully textured to NOT be LEGO's intellectual property. A side effect of this is that these virtual bricks have no margin of error. They are perfect in every single way, form and function.

(Another drunken post brought to you by Mocheeze.)

(Another drunken post brought to you by Mocheeze.)
Hurray!

Actually, brought to you by Mocheeze and the letter "beer".

Mid Life Crises Happening before the Blockland Forums eyes... lol jk, still Mocheeze isn't the only one getting Drunk O.o...