Poll

What should we call it?

Fight Four Life
3 (17.6%)
Never Shout Death
10 (58.8%)
Quarantine Valley
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Zombie novel project.  (Read 9865 times)

Well I've been in the writing mood lately, writing short stories and such, and I've decided I want to write a longer story on my favorite things: zombies, murderers, diseases, mafia-like organizations, and mental disorders (I'm interested in all of them, don't judge me :c)

ANYWAYS, I'm posting about it here because I need help coming up with characters, this is basically the plot idea I've gotten thought up so far:
Quote
The story begins with a local Billiards pro, born and raised in the small town of Caspian, Michigan, who is caught in the middle of losing a game he bet five hundred thousand dollars on saying that he would win. After an intense bar fight, he wakes up from being knocked out with a blow to the back of a head. He finds himself inside of a van owned by the gang that won the bet, where he is going to be carted out and dropped in the middle of the desert with only his favorite cue stick, which he carries everywhere. As the van is coasting along a cliff side, the van is in a horrible accident and is driven through the safety rails and into a forested valley that contains a large, Black Forest City which has been infested with a horrible disease that causes humans to turn into a horrible, zombie-like monster, but still has small groups of human survivors who are trying to contain the city.

The main things I need are character bios other than my main character, Scott Attwood, to be the survivors inside of the unnamed city. If you guys would want to help with the story idea, I'd love the help.

edit: No, you can't be in it. Don't ask.

Current characters:

Scott Attwood
Male, Age 19
He’s one of the best Billiards players in the Northern United States. He’s a very outgoing and intelligent person. Although he’s appears to be a strong man from his fighting, he’s got many phobias. Such as tomophobia, a fear of surgery, and oneirophobia, which is the fear of dreams. When under serious pressure, excluding hundreds of people watching him play Billiards, he becomes extremely paranoid and develops a nervous tick that can prevent him from working.

Vinny King
Male, Age 22
Vinny has been a murderer since the day he turned 12. He had murdered both of his parents for what people believed was done for no reason. He has also murdered several other people since then and would do deranged things such as devouring the dead bodies himself, using bones for tools, or even using a fountain pen or spray can to write in blood he draws from the victim before killing them. He has taken “haven” in the Black Forest City after murdering a mayor in Tennessee. No further information is known of his whereabouts.

Maria Wideroos

Female, Age 20
A Finnish-born sharpshooter who had been working as a hitwoman in the Northern and Eastern United States. She was hired by gangs and single persons alike, anything that filled her wallet would do. She became lost and became stuck in the city after running out of gas in the middle of a park in the city. She’s a very calm-headed person and works well under pressure, but she really hates working with other people.

Jamie Zeller
Male, Age 35
He was an ex-plumber who lives, ironically, in the sewers of the Black Forest City. He’s a very care-free person and doesn’t think on things too much, which is how he was trapped in the city. When he was 21 and just started his plumbing business, someone had called him to their house as a prank and gave an address to him which belonged to a building inside of Black Forest. After being trapped in Black Forest for 14 years, he’s become lonely and carries Baby, his favorite pipe wrench, who he is constantly talking to and telling stories of his life with his beautiful wife and kids.

Russell Thompson

Male, Age 16
Born with a disease that refuses growth, Russell has been a dwarf since birth. After being stuck in Black Forest after a train derailing that was going through, Russell became the leader of a small band of survivors inside of Black Forest called Last of Humanity. Like all other dwarves, he becomes extremely annoyed when you mention his height. Unless you think you can survive a few shells from a 12-Gauge, I don’t recommend you asking him how the weather is down there.

Susan Walker

Female, 23
Susan followed in her father’s footsteps and attended a police academy at the age of 18. Unfortunately for her, she never had much experience with handling a gun or any kind of weapon, considering she had been home schooled and was never in fights. She usually did paperwork, until one day the entire station was called out as back-up for what they thought would be a major gang fight on the highway at midnight. On the way to the supposed area, Susan received a radio message reporting that everyone should return to the station because it was a false call, but her car had broken down after turning around. She wandered into the nearest city, which unfortunately, was Black Forest.

Facebook Poll Count:
Never Shout Death +2
Quarantine Valley
Fight Four Life
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 11:35:08 AM by NickTheSushi »

Sounds like a game more then a story.

but I'd like to see what happens :D

It would help if you gave the bio of Scott Attwood, so we don't accidentally make a copy of the main character

In the meantime, I'll work on something, just cause I wanna help :D

Maybe this should go in Creativity, but since it isn't finished, I suppose it goes here. Not entirely sure; I guess that's an admin's decision.

It would help if you gave the bio of Scott Attwood, so we don't accidentally make a copy of the main character

In the meantime, I'll work on something, just cause I wanna help :D
Kk. I'd love it if you'd make a bio for a character bio. The person could be a police officer who lives on his own rules (totally not like Dirty Harry) or some hysterical civilian locked up in a heavily guarded place. I guess I'll post Scott's bio. I think it might be a little incomplete though, I'm not sure about it.

@Narkro
It probably does, but if Baddy wants to make a big deal about it he can just move it.

edit: To go into a bit more depth, I will constantly have (day)dreams about these kinds of things, mainly from the points of different kinds of people.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 10:46:04 PM by NickTheSushi »

As his cue stick was always for playing some pool, I guess he wouldn't know much about how to use it for killing.  Since he has always used his money to his advantage to everything, he doesn't have a clue on what to do on survival.  As he is highly injured, he runs for shelter in an abandoned house.  Luckily, there was no danger inside this house.  He is not going inside the basement just for safe measures.  He finds a couple of worn out bandages and a completely empty Neasporin.  He goes in the kitchen to find an empty can.  It looks like it has been used long ago, but it seems like it could come in good handy.  He desperatly needs water (But not food for some apparent reason).  He looks around the kitchen and practically everywhere else, but couldn't find anything.  He needs water NOW and now only.  He looks at the basement door and thinks, "I have to do it".  He then puts his hand out to reach for the knob with very shaky hands, not knowing whats beyond it.  He turns it slow and gentle, but notices its locked..

Continute if you please :D

If I did it wrong, Ill happily redo another piece.  This is fun.

As his cue stick was always for playing some pool, I guess he wouldn't know much about how to use it for killing.
I didn't mention this in the plot, but it's actually lined with an iron center, it weighs more than an average cue for that reason. It's an antique stick.

Also, I think I'll write the story. I just need help with the plot, not the actual writing. I enjoy the plot idea I have so far, thanks for the idea though :V

Also, I think I'll write the story. I just need help with the plot, not the actual writing. I enjoy the plot idea I have so far, thanks for the idea though :V
I must of misread it, sorry.

Davis Anderman
Male, Age 22
A busy office person, sporting modern orange-lens goggles and red suit. He's rich, but not movie-star rich. Just executive rich. His life was work, work, work, until the zombie apocalypse. Now his life is upside-down, and he does what it takes to survive. He is the main arms supplier. He likes greasy food and 8-ball pool. He is very responsible and can multitask with ease.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 11:18:23 PM by PowerDag »

Sounds alright, I'm busy writing another bio right now too.


Speaking of bios, a new one has been added.

eeehhhhhhh

i wrote one, idk if i like it so much

eeehhhhhhh

i wrote one, idk if i like it so much
May I see it?

Why the forget is the italian always the parent-killing murderer.