Author Topic: Crysis Quest - The Hi-Res-Image Heavy Crysis Text Adventure  (Read 2544 times)

A friend of mine was playing Crysis, when he got the idea to do this. He gave me a screenshot (I hope you have a monitor bigger than mine), and I told him what to do next. I am doing this blind: I have not played Crysis before. Note that the Korean-Starcraft stereotype appears alot here. Here's what we've done so far:

Q͇̙s͓̦̯̠͔͍̀v̙̳͘ǵ͔̯x̖̼͇n̹̟:
You and your comrades jump out of the plane. The wind stings the surface of your suit.
Q͇̙s͓̦̯̠͔͍̀v̙̳͘ǵ͔̯x̖̼͇n̹̟: Input?

Jetz: Press and Hold [Start Button]
Jetz: Activate Night Vision

You activate night vision. It doesn't seem to have any effect on the gameplay right now.

Jetz: Continue falling.

Q͇̙s͓̦̯̠͔͍̀v̙̳͘ǵ͔̯x̖̼͇n̹̟: You continue to fall

Jetz: Keep falling. Not much else to do right now.

Suddenly, your chute fails to deploy properly!!!

Jetz: Deactivate night vision and panic.

You turn of your night vision (not knowing why you turned it on in the first place) and start panicing as you plummet towards the surface. Prophet reassures you that your suit will absorb the impact. You hit the water hard, but you take no fatal damage
You make your way towards the edge of the beach. Prophet tells you  to meet up with Jester to search for Aztec, who's suit has been lost to Prophet's communication. You have an SCAR rifle, pistol, and the following attachments: flashlight, relfex sight, tactical dart, and silencer
Q͇̙s͓̦̯̠͔͍̀v̙̳͘ǵ͔̯x̖̼͇n̹̟: Also, a turtle >.>

Jetz: Proceed up the beach and activate flashlight

You head up the beach and equip the flashlight to your SCAR. There is a small crevice you can probably crawl under. To your right is a broken wooden box and to your left you think you see a crab

Jetz: Proceed South-Southeast to marker on minimap

You head towards your objective. As you walk along the beach, you can hear voices speaking a foreing language up ahead. Prophet says there are hostile units up ahead and suggests you equip your silencer.

Jetz: Equip silencer, turn off flashlight, crouch  and try to spot the hostiles

You decide to sneak up on the hostiles. You equip your silencer and your suit engages cloak mode. You see about two or three men who look like they play Starcraft.

Jetz: Shoot the head of the guy on the right, then move right for cover

You succesfully assassinate the Korean on the right, however the other two are alerted to your presence by the sound of gun fire. They are hunting you now.

Jetz: Step back and shoot them as they come around the corner

The shine of the Koreans flashlight tells you they have taken a stance behind the rock and aren't moving any time soon.

Jetz: Inch slowly left, shooting when they come into sight

just as the koreans decided to retreat back to their camp, you shot them down. You hear jester's voice up ahead

Jetz: Reactivate flashlight and proceed toward Jester's voice

Reactivating your flashlight, you meet up with Jester who directs to towards the forest. Suddenly, Aztecs comm radio buzzes in. Aztec tells the team that he was attacked by a something large on the way down and he got caught up in the trees. He voices concerns that something may be out there, and close to him...

Jetz: Reassure Aztec that he indeed is not alone, and there is a good chance he will die. Then proceed quickly to his location so that he might be saved.
Jetz: Wait, that's not reassuring, is it?

You think of telling your fellow comrade that his death may be iminent, but decide against it when you suddenly hear an inhuman roar coming from the forest. Aztec begins yelling out of fear in his native language (Spanish) and then begins to pray and say his final words. You then hear him say "PROPHET HELP ME!" as a gruesome scratching noise is heard. Aztec's comm is now silent and your hear a lot of russling in the trees.

Jetz: Still proceeding to Aztec's last known location, examine the trees with nightvision.

Still following Jester to Aztec's location, you decided to check out the trees with you night vision. You nothing out of the ordinary, and the sound has now stopped. It's very quiet as Jester jumps up onto the ledge infront of you.

Jetz: Reload weapon and follow Jester

You reload your weapon and arrive at Aztec's location. Jester comments on the strange noise he heard earlier.

Q͇̙s͓̦̯̠͔͍̀v̙̳͘ǵ͔̯x̖̼͇n̹̟: CUTSCENE TIME
Jetz: YAY
Jetz: Watch cutscene

Jester shines his flashlight on the eviscerated bodies of some Koreans.
Jester shines his light on the bodies of 3 more Koreans, all brutally and mysteriously killed. He comments on how odd the circumstances of their deaths are and begins to worry Aztec may have had the same fate.
Jester thinks he hears something in the bushes....
Aztec's corpse suddenly dangles down from the tree, startling you and Jester

Jetz: Aah, screamer!

Prophet has Aztec's suit and body vaporized to keep the suit's technology from falling into Korean hands. Jesters comments that he will never get used to seeing the corpse of a nanosuit owner get vaporized.
Prophet orders you to move out and find a station containing Korean intel. You see some Koreans up ahead. Prophet suggests you go into cloak mode and take them out as stealthily as possible. The sun begins to rise.

Jetz: Deactivate flashlight and move to a position where you can see the koreans

Q͇̙s͓̦̯̠͔͍̀v̙̳͘ǵ͔̯x̖̼͇n̹̟: You sure you don't want to activate cloak mode?
Jetz: Oh yes.
Jetz: Do that

You activate cloak mode and move towards the Koreans to get a better view. One runs ahead, yet doesn't see you. He's very close.

Jetz: Move closer to the bush, then assassinate

You move closer to the bush where the korean is. A few shots later, he is dead. There doesn't actually seem to be any more Koreans in sight as of now.

Jetz: Move East cautiously

You move east cautiously. As you move, a Korean in hiding jumps out infront of you! He surprises and tears you to shreds! GAMEOVER. Just kidding, what do now.

Jetz: Kill the red glowy one

The situation was an easy one to handle. One pull of the trigger and the Korean stopped trying to force you to play Starcraft. There are no more Koreans in the vicinity.

Jetz: Reload and move southeast to the objective

You reload. As you are moving towards the objective, Prophet tells you that something is jamming their radar and tells you to take care of it. Since this secondary objective is on the way towards your primary one, you may as well just do it. >.>
As the sun rises, you step over the hill and you see the comm array that is jamming Prophet's radar. You also spot a small Korean encampment and a Korean boat armed with a Heavy Machine Gun.

Jetz: Equip ironsights and proceed slowly down the slope

You slide down the hill slowly as to not alert the many Koreans that inhabit the encampment (or to alert the boat and get your ass blown off by the machine gun >.>). You see a Korean in plain sight (actually he's behind the palm tree upper right of the reticule) but he hasn't seen you.

Jetz: Shoot the nearest korean, then move into cover
Q͇̙s͓̦̯̠͔͍̀v̙̳͘ǵ͔̯x̖̼͇n̹̟: Cloak or no cloak?
Jetz: Shoot first, then activate it when moving into cover

You kill the nearest Korean, and then cloak into cover. HOWEVER! A Korean hiding behind a rock behind you saw you in the act and called in reinforcements. You are in a house surrounded for 4 Koreans.

Jetz: Crouch and fire at the one that just shot you

The Korean shoots at you with his pistol and runs to other side of the house. You shoot him as soon as he shows his Starcraft playing mug. Still a few more surrounding the house.

Jetz: Cautiously check the windows

You cautiously check the windows. Outside, you see a jeep armed with a Heavy Machine gun firing upon you!
Q͇̙s͓̦̯̠͔͍̀v̙̳͘ǵ͔̯x̖̼͇n̹̟: Oh yeah, you then go back to your coverspot

Jetz: Cautiously leave opposite the jeep

ou leave the house on the opposite side of the jeep. There are no Koreans on this side and you think you are safe for now.... BUT! The boat spots you and begins firing upon you with it's machine gun!

To be continued. Eventually.

cool sto-

i lold at "Aah, screamer!"

and, shouldnt this be on community projects?

and, shouldnt this be on community projects?
Nah. You guys aren't contributing. I'm just keeping this written down as it goes.

This game's graphics makes me piss my pants.

This game's graphics makes me piss my pants.

This is nothing compared to what some people can do with the graphics via custom tweaking.

Also bump cause I love Crysis.

I wish this was on OnLive :o

I wish this was on OnLive :o
Onlive needs either very fast internet, or a tolerance for blurry, laggy games.

This is nothing compared to what some people can do with the graphics via custom tweaking.
Not really, most of the "custom tweaking" is just flooding the game with bloom.

I had so much fun with this game, it's honestly beauty when on maxed, especially with 25+ fps :)

Onlive needs either very fast internet, or a tolerance for blurry, laggy games.
Yeah, all games run in 720p. 

Not really, most of the "custom tweaking" is just flooding the game with bloom.

You have no idea how wrong you are.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=101487.msg1979228#msg1979228

Read the third post.