Author Topic: The Pixel Block Tower: Retry  (Read 34836 times)

Updated one above :D

Edit: OMFG COLORS F'ED UP! DAMN YOU IMAGEREADY CS2!

I have paint.net but I don't find it easy to use, nonetheless I shall try.

Sorry about the quality, paint.net wouldn't load and Artrage wasn't there (Although I didn't delete it!) so I had to use MSPaint and I couldn't get the transparency to work.

Oh damn, I can't get my image uploaded. The forums don't support PNG and Imageshack's being... well... Imageshack.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 06:10:51 AM by Spation »

Sorry about the quality, paint.net wouldn't load and Artrage wasn't there (Although I didn't delete it!) so I had to use MSPaint and I couldn't get the transparency to work.

Oh damn, I can't get my image uploaded. The forums don't support PNG and Imageshack's being... well... Imageshack.
Tinypic.com

Tinypic.com
photobucket are betterers it has gooder grammers.

Badspot

• Administrator
There, De-spammed.  God. 

Are there enough things like this to justify a "Community Projects" forum section?

There, De-spammed.  God. 

Are there enough things like this to justify a "Community Projects" forum section?
I think an 'anti-spam' area for things like this would be nice.  "Community Projects" would be nice.  I'm sure we could come up with a "pitch in" giant-drawing thing, put some art up, etc.  That would be really nice : )

I'm all for the community projects idea. After all, blockland itself is all about collaboration, so I think we've got a few collaboratively thinking forum users.

Anyway,

I was thinking about this pixel tower thing, and I've come to the conclusion that this could be semi-automated with some PHP and nifty CSS. People could just upload images to a site where administrators can approve or deny them. If they were approved, they would show up in the tower and with stylesheets the blocks could be made to overlap appropriately. All this would be automatic ('cept for the uploading and approval). I will start testing things tomorrow.

I'm all for the community projects idea. After all, blockland itself is all about collaboration, so I think we've got a few collaboratively thinking forum users.

Anyway,

I was thinking about this pixel tower thing, and I've come to the conclusion that this could be semi-automated with some PHP and nifty CSS. People could just upload images to a site where administrators can approve or deny them. If they were approved, they would show up in the tower and with stylesheets the blocks could be made to overlap appropriately. All this would be automatic ('cept for the uploading and approval). I will start testing things tomorrow.
VERY cool.  I love it.  And it would require cooperation, transparency and all.

BTW:

Yay for new forums!
Yeah, let's try not to 'spam' this one, including this thread.  Contribute an image : )