Poll

Do you want this

Badly
Yeah, I guess
I wouldn't use it (Abstain)
Not really
Definitely not

Author Topic: Sap/Bleeding HP Output Events  (Read 1428 times)

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=123551.msg2644387#msg2644387
Many thanks to Truce.

Overview
Basically, two output events for the player.  startSap and stopSap with two parameters for the former and one for the latter.  They would toggle a player's gradual health drain.

What it is
What this mod would do is slowly drain a player's HP every x seconds by n HP.  x and n would be defined by the parameters on startSap. 
This can be used for a variety of things, such as:
  • Making players "bleed" after they run into a harmful object.  This allows them to try and get help before they completely die.
  • Making a custom thirst/heat/food/etc feature for any RP, where players will stop losing HP when in towns, and must find food/heat/water (bricks or items that would heal them) to stay alive.
  • Adding realism to obstacle courses, or simply making them more challenging
  • Making poisons
  • Putting time pressure on escape games
  • Your own personal amusement

stopSap would obviously stop this from happening and heal the player x hp.  x being defined by the parameter, it also cannot be negative.

I know we already have a hunger mod, but this would be a much simpler interface and allow for more diverse implementation.

Feedback go!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 08:28:29 PM by Niliscro »

Well, event-wise, this can be done, albeit it will be messy. I think this would be more interesting for if you got attacked/shot, and you needed to find a med-kit before you lost all your health.

Well, event-wise, this can be done, albeit it will be messy. I think this would be more interesting for if you got attacked/shot, and you needed to find a med-kit before you lost all your health.
Event-wise would be better for control and the listed reasons.  There could always be a separate bleeding mod, or better yet, the events could come with said bleeding mod.

Like some sort of poison?

/Support

Wait can't you use - in healloop?

Wow can I beta test I will model something for you

Wow can I beta test I will model something for you
You can grow a brain.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5q2c7w2bzaqby8x
You're free to do whatever: post it elsewhere, upload to RTB, or just download and forget it.

Player -> startSap x, n
- x defines the seconds inbetween losing health (and the initial delay); can be 1 to 60
- n defines the health lost per "sap"; can be 1 to 100 (instant death after the delay)

Player -> stopSap n
- n defines the health healed upon stopping the sap loop; can be 0 to 99 (full health)

Most likely works best with the onPlayerEnter/ExitZone events.
EDIT: Changed the minimum health healing to 0 (whoops, lol).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:38:57 PM by Truce »

http://www.mediafire.com/?5q2c7w2bzaqby8x
You're free to do whatever: post it elsewhere, upload to RTB, or just download and forget it.

Player -> startSap x, n
- x defines the seconds inbetween losing health (and the initial delay); can be 1 to 60
- n defines the health lost per "sap"; can be 1 to 100 (instant death after the delay)

Player -> stopSap n
- n defines the health healed upon stopping the sap loop; can be 0 to 99 (full health)

Most likely works best with the onPlayerEnter/ExitZone events.
EDIT: Changed the minimum health healing to 0 (whoops, lol).
I <3 you Truce.

I'll probably post it to RTB for others to use, with you as the creator.