Author Topic: Oblivion Megathread [Don't make new threads]  (Read 60763 times)

Oblivion, the fourth game in the Elder Scrolls series, is set within the province of Cyrodiil, the heartland and Imperial capital of Tamriel. Emperor Uriel Septim VII is assassinated in flight from his own palace, but just before he dies he passes to you - the foreordained of his dreams - the mystic Amulet of Kings. The adventure begins with the quest to find Uriel's lost and illegitimate son, the only heir to the throne. In a world where the forces of darkness seek their ultimate dominion over the ranks of man and mer alike, you alone stand between the future of Tamriel and the gates of Oblivion. In addition to the main quest there are many side quest and adventures to do, dungeons to crawl, and over 16 square miles of land to explore.

Horse Armour

This is the first set of DLC released for oblivion, armor, armor for your horse. When you first install the DLC you'll get one set of free horse armor, afterwards you'll have to pay. Shadowmere and the Unicorn can't use horse armour. Not worth buying.

Mehrune's Razor

Make your way through a massive dungeon in order to unearth a powerful weapon. Sort of worth buying.

The Orrery

Collect the missing pieces in order to restore The Orrery to it's once great self. Not really worth buying.

Thieves' Den

Clear the cavern hidden underneath anvil and reclaim the pirate ship within, recruit a crew and send them out to make profit for you. Not really worth buying.

Vile Lair

Take control of a home fit for a villain, great for vampires, this dlc allows you to add a prisoner set in an eternal sleep for you to feed on, a cure stone, and even a minion who will kill for you. Worth buying.

Wizard's Tower

Inherit a massive tower that includes a garden, summoning table, enchanting and spell making altars, teleporters to each mage's guild hall and more. Worth buying.

Fighter's Stronghold

Defend a castle and then take it for your own. Renovate, hire new staff, and discover the secrets of the Castle. Worth buying.

Knights of the nine

Embark on a epic quest to take down an evil Daedric prince and save tamerial. Definitely worth buying.

Shivering Isles

The only true expansion for oblivion, allowing you to travel to an entirely new world and answer the Deadric Prince Sheogorath's call for a champion. Buy this right now.

Trailer

Download all mods from this website.
Essentials
Oblivion Mod Manager
OBSE
DarNifiedUI
BOSS
Other Awesome Mods
Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul
Deadly Reflex
Unnecessary Violence

Do not make anymore oblivion threads, keep all discussion here.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 01:32:14 PM by chaseyqurt »

"[Don'"?
Dohoho. Nice ninja edit.

9 dollars for GOTYED was yesterday. Ha ha for people that missed it.

Also, if you are gonna buy one of the house things, I would either buy Fighters Stronghold because you can get a sword and shield which are enchanted, or Wizard's Tower because of basicaly all the plants in Oblivion including plants from the plains of Oblivion (good for alchemy.) and you can teleport to any mages guild.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 12:43:19 PM by GenaralSkar »

What level should I be before doing... well... ANYTHING?

For anyone who's thinking about buying DLC you should check mod sites first, those people make good quests/buildings/weapons/everything TESNexus, best Oblivion mod site ever

I'm a get the game with my New PC.

I'm a get the game with my New PC.
For someone who bitches about grammar so much you should at least try to use it.

What's the best companion mod to use and is OOO good?

What level should I be before doing... well... ANYTHING?

The higher level you are the tougher monsters get, so the lower the level the easier things are.

I really want this game. Is it like fallout 3 where you can go around and kill whoever you want?

I really want this game. Is it like fallout 3 where you can go around and kill whoever you want?
Yes. Oblivion is the medieval version of fallout.

Yes. Oblivion is the medieval version of fallout.
Awesome. I wish I had it, but hopefully someone will gift me it (doubt it), or I will buy it.

Kind of boring. I only got past the first dialog with the king guy before saving in the tunnel off of your cell and quitting.

Kind of boring. I only got past the first dialog with the king guy before saving in the tunnel off of your cell and quitting.
You haven't even started yet and you quit playing it?

Jebus man.