Poll

Agree?

Yes
170 (53.1%)
No
150 (46.9%)

Total Members Voted: 235

Author Topic: People with numbers in their name are generally less mature.  (Read 16459 times)

So, I've noticed that people with numbers in their name, often put them their because they are choosing a very common name, which is taken, so they must throw random numbers at the end to make it different. Those people, sense they'd rather take an unoriginal name and make it look worse with random characters than simply make up an original name, shows a real lack of creativity. But also, there are the people who think making their name with 'leet' spelling makes them look cooler, or better. When in reality, it seems people tend to think less of someone who replaces a seemingly good name out with numbers which make it harder to read. Though of course, once you make a name it sticks, so even if you were only ten years old when you made an account, you will be stuck with that same name at eighteen, assuming you stay on one forum that long, and can't ask for a name change. And of course there are people who might start one game with a name like "the_best1136" and continue to join other games with that name, thinking they will come into that new community well known, when they won't. If you don't understand what I mean, just look at drama section, you'll see what I mean, almost half the subjects of the topics have multiple numbers in their names.

tl;dr People with numbers in their name are immature, vote if you agree. Discuss.

People with numbers like 14mub3r or HaloSuperMasterChief326347596 874562837569275692435 are stupid. But I only have 1 number in my name.

People with numbers like 14mub3r or HaloSuperMasterChief326347596 874562837569275692435 are stupid. But I only have 1 number in my name.

But you're still an idiot.

:/...

My name is original, no one else has the name "Evan5626", it's kinda my trademark.

You're still stup-
FFFFFF

Also, I completely agree with this thread.

Sup SkeightrGamefreak.

I admit, 23 used to be in my name (Sabbin23) as it used to be my lucky number, but wanted it removed due to it looked kinda meh.

Mine is perfectly original. I used Narkro555 because I needed numbers to have my name not already be taken somewhere else. And it stuck.

theres no correlation between the numbers and 'maturity', maybe you should be considering the fact they are using a popular name, i.e they don't want to use something at least a tad more original. theres plenty of dumb pople with names like drandren and other things which arent necessarily popular or overused

Some people just like to put their BL_ID into their name.

:/...

My name is original, no one else has the name "Evan5626", it's kinda my trademark.

Of course no one has that name because it has numbers in it, but that's not helping me at all... But it doesn't apply to "It's my trademark"

And A GUY, it isn't my BL_ID by the way. (Not that you were talking to me :p)

Immature
You're still stup-FFFFFF

Also, I completely agree with this thread.

Quote from: Sk8rGameFreak
Immature

theres no correlation between the numbers and 'maturity', maybe you should be considering the fact they are using a popular name, i.e they don't want to use something at least a tad more original.

Quote from: drendran
often put them their because they are choosing a very common name, which is taken, so they must throw random numbers at the end to make it different. Those people, sense they'd rather take an unoriginal name and make it look worse with random characters than simply make up an original name, shows a real lack of creativity.

HUR DUR