Author Topic: GUI Replacer  (Read 52225 times)

Very nice mod, i love it. I've never been happier with my Gui and whatnot.
But here is one thing I find funny. (btw i rate 30/.5)
this is a crosshair/ui/Gui editor, and nobody trolls, yet if someone posted a crosshair they have a spastic climax over it. (But im not saying anything bad about this, I love the mod, and i love crosshairs and Ui edits!)

This is not a GUI Editor. It's a GUI Replacer where you can switch to whatever GUI you like without feeling that you may have done something wrong.

Theres one HUGE Problem, What if we don't want to make our skins public. what if we just want to use Them privately. In the next update it would be great if you could make a folder here:" Blockland>config>client>Gui Replacer" And this folder would contain, Some default skins that you've made. and a place to add our own skins. Please add this in the next update. So i can use This Gui Privately:

If you can please add the above^ If not it doesn't matter. Thanks, Please reply.

10/10
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 11:31:47 PM by Block_cop »

This is not a GUI Editor. It's a GUI Replacer where you can switch to whatever GUI you like without feeling that you may have done something wrong.
Regardless you know what I mean though, It's a Gui replacer loaded with GUI/ui/Crosshair edits, and most people freak out (not in a good way) over crosshairs and ui edits. (Again, not saying anything bad about the mod, i love it.)

-snip suggestion-
I could give out a tutorial of how to add private skins for personal use, because that feature does already exist. If you go to config/client/gr/, you'll find the folders for the guis. To add an own gui, create a folder, insert all the ui you wanted in the same fashioned way you do when upload them to the website, but not in a zip this time... Then you check one of the other folders and get the register.cs and copy it to your folder. Now here's the magic: Go into the file you just copied and change the arguments. Now you're done.

Regardless you know what I mean though, It's a Gui replacer loaded with GUI/ui/Crosshair edits, and most people freak out (not in a good way) over crosshairs and ui edits. (Again, not saying anything bad about the mod, i love it.)
Yes, I know that. Still, the add-on does not contain the edits. It's the website that does.

Also, I've finished the performance and security maintenance now and the online contents are now available again. If there's a bug or exploit(I doubt that) on the website, please let me know. I will later on continue on the mod, because I have some updates that needs to be made.
Btw, due to the latest maintenance I lost all of the GUIs, but I had a backup on most of them(Backuping more from now on). I will tell the owners to update them asap, but you cannot see them until that is done.

Also, I've finished the performance and security maintenance now and the online contents are now available again.
Yay :)

It seems if you pick a new theme, and use it, when you enter the minigame window, the Minigame window forgets up.

Use BurntGlass and see for yourself
How odd. I will take a look at it.
I did take a look into it, but didn't found anything wrong with it. Please tell me how you did it, or provide with a screenshot.

Just to remind you guys, because it seems you didn't see the sentence I put up when you register, you don't have to register to use this. If you are going to upload own skins/guis, then feel free to register, otherwise don't. I rather not want a huge ID list just because people supports this.

I found a bug. This is what happened when I join Badspot's server after changing to BL Aero V2

Also, I can't use the in game console after switching GUI's. Your work is good, yet sketchy.

I think I got that bug once, but that was only to test, and I thought I fixed it. If you get it frequently, then it's an issue. I can tell that the problem is either in the parser of the blockWindow that don't get enough time to parse the file(Engine related)(This if you get it now and then), or it could be that the download is defect(You get it every time). The later one could be fixed by re-download the pack.
But, if you only get that on a few windows, then it's Engine related. That's because all windows share the same profile. Meaning that if one fails, all fails.

Perfect, because I am working on a brushed steel complete gui makeover.

This does currently only support root ui edits. Next version might include so you can do a full edit.

I noticed that even though it updates after switching GUI, there is some change after a restart of Blockland.

Could that be true?

When you replace the gui with GUI Replacer, it replaces the default guis in the ui folder. Then it reloads the guis so they update their texture without loosing any data it currently contains. This means two things:
1. If you assign a gui the variable "sparta" the value "9001", it will still contain the value "9001".
2. Next restart will still have the gui you chose last time, and due the cursor was not replaced, it will be added now.

I have added the code of replacing the gui, but after massive tests, I found out that after replacing it twice, it always crashed the client, and when it crashed after once, I disabled that feature. Although, it's reachable through a preference.
Code: [Select]
$Pref::GuiReplace::var::replaceCursor = false;I don't recommend to enable it, but it does work from time to time.

There's also more preferences in client.cs that you could look over, but it is optimized to prevent any crashes, still be fast as possible.

HOLY CRAP. Another usefull add-on from you Mc :) Thanks!.

You have to have Blockland in an another folder than Program Files. Recommended is in C root or an another folder. This due that Program Files have special restrictions, meaning that Blockland cannot modify files or folders whatever they like. This makes so it backups the files, but the restrictions blocks it, and nothing have happened. This means that you end up in an endless loop you cannot get out. Also, the add-on wont work with the online material if you cannot even backup the current gui.

dosent running as admin stop that?