Author Topic: Yay framerate  (Read 9414 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
Remember that old optimization screenshot where a cube of 1200 bricks gets 12 fps in Blockland v2 and I was getting 70+ in the new version?  Then later I posted one where i got 90+ fps?  Well here's what I'm getting now:

muhahahaha.  Things are going well.  Will probably move on to testing release candidates this week.  Shouldn't be too much longer.

wow nice o.o
what video card do you use bad?
is this standard retail fps, or did you just do some new optimizing

im on a nvidea 7950GX2
i hope i can get numbers like that :D
im pumped to start building massive things now. and actually be able to walk around in it
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 09:29:18 PM by Bisjac »

lovexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxy framerate.

Now do 1000fps for 7000 bricks :D

Just noticed:  Can you get shadows onto DTS shapes working?

EDIT:  As face said, and I didn't think of that, but if DTS cast shadows, and had shadows on them (like from that window).  Maybe an option to turn this on/off?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 10:10:11 PM by Spaceomega »

That would be the icing on the cake if the bricks casted shadows.

What are the specs of your setup? I'd be more than happy test on my outdated rig; SDR 4xAGP and a P3 1.4Ghz :-D See what I get for frames!!

Badspot

• Administrator
I'm on an 1.8ghz athlon with a Radeon 9800 pro - Pretty tame. 

I just fixed a dumb problem that Rotondo discovered in beta testing that made it jump from ~200 to 274.  The jump from 96 to ~200 kompressor's work on stuff. 

I gotta hand it to you, this game keeps getting better and better.

Btw...no proof it's really a solid cube of blocks...maybe hollow....just saying plz show us version with side hammered out :P

Dude. You just put Retail on Frame Rate Steroids! OMFG THATS SO KOOL! And brick shadows would be so awesome!

Btw...no proof it's really a solid cube of blocks...maybe hollow....just saying plz show us version with side hammered out :P
Great, you just called the admin a liar. You dumbass.

I'm not, I'm just saying there's no proof it's not hollow :o

I'm not, I'm just saying there's no proof it's not hollow :o

slap*

I'm quite interested in how the framerate was increased.