Author Topic: save your own bricks  (Read 1727 times)

a GUI that would save your own bricks
simple

icygamma is making something like this,just wait.

icygamma is making something like this,just wait.
O_O
not even a second

I can make that simple as crap dude, I'm just too lazy too.

a GUI that would save your own bricks
simple
why a gui? why not a command?

why a gui? why not a command?
your on a server, you make somthing epic, everyone else made something else, too, and they dont have the command on the server

I can make that simple as crap dude, I'm just too lazy too.
Doubt it.

your on a server, you make somthing epic, everyone else made something else, too, and they dont have the command on the server
a client command...? you could even just use a console command

This would be Useful, especially if you didn't want to save all the spam around your build on a server, later to load it to work on it and only find out there is a bunch of spam that will give you a lag spike.

It should be an option on the saving menu, Where you tick save brick ownership there should be one saying "Save Own Bricks". I like this idea.

I can make that simple as crap dude, I'm just too lazy too.

Brick trusts are held Server-Side. The server would need to give brick trust information to the client. The only way to do that to an unmodified server would be if you manually checked every brick with one of the tools and made the game keep track to only save those.

And that's just part of the problems. :panda:

I think the thing I mentioned should be in V18. I like the idea.

Brick trusts are held Server-Side. The server would need to give brick trust information to the client. The only way to do that to an unmodified server would be if you manually checked every brick with one of the tools and made the game keep track to only save those.

And that's just part of the problems. :panda:
but you can save brick ownership, so they're forking over the information anyway, what you could do is just save the whole thing, then go through and delete the bricks not on your baseplates?

Yeah, Just save ownership and clear everybody elses bricks, I didn't think of that.

but you can save brick ownership, so they're forking over the information anyway, what you could do is just save the whole thing, then go through and delete the bricks not on your baseplates?
Brick ownership is only for bricks touching the ground directly. Any bricks that are attached to other bricks gain ownership from the bricks they are attached to, in other words, the bricks touching the ground.
If you really wanna figure out how you can save only your own bricks from just the baseplate, positions, rotations, and UI names (not datablock), go ahead.