Author Topic: V18  (Read 17082 times)

Make sure your BL folder isn't read only.
How would I fix that?

Badspot

• Administrator
I found out make build cache load quick. I created new folder name anything (I create name it back up addon) to desktop then I open the blockland folder, I grab Add on a folder and drag to new folder. then I start blockland, I saw it were very quick load. then I closed Blockland. I did take add on folder back to blockland folder, It worked for me.

This is just robbing peter to pay paul.  stuff has to go into your cache eventually, and by making an empty cache.db file you'll have to download everything. 

I found out make build cache load quick. I created new folder name anything (I create name it back up addon) to desktop then I open the blockland folder, I grab Add on a folder and drag to new folder. then I start blockland, I saw it were very quick load. then I closed Blockland. I did take add on folder back to blockland folder, It worked for me.
That defeats the purpose of it you stupid idiot.

Don't suppose you can zip your entire blockland folder and send it to me?

The problem was fixed - I don't think it's necessary anymore.

If you could run blockland.exe -trace and then send me a console log that would be helpful.
And how do i do that? Can you just fix update?

This is just robbing peter to pay paul.  stuff has to go into your cache eventually, and by making an empty cache.db file you'll have to download everything. 
That defeats the purpose of it you stupid idiot.
(sigh)

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=132901.msg2974862#msg2974862

Except apply it to the BL folder, not the Add-on one.
Actually, the read only box was already unchecked... stuff

Downloaded files are now stored in a cache file rather than cluttering up the add-ons folder

OMG YES!

As soon as all this stuff is fixed BL will probably be a lot better.

cache.db is now +200,000 KB.
Is this normal?

Yeah cause the cache database is locked.
How would one fix this?

I keep getting random freezes during game WTF.

"Regenerating File manifest"

Then a bunch of bullstuff spam in the console.\

V18 Blows starfish, and for five reasons:

Escape menu opens outside of a server
Music loops larger than 1mb are not added to the music list (D:<)
The "faster" cache system makes blockland take about 8 times as long to start up
I can no longer run two different blockland windows at once
I cannot access the files I have downloaded from connecting to other servers for my own uses

I hope for some MAJOR reconsiderations as of v19. :P

Not only that, but the downloading is also slower for the people at my server now.

Badspot

• Administrator
I keep getting random freezes during game WTF.

"Regenerating File manifest"
The first time you run each map, it will take time to hash all of the files.  After that it should speed up

Then a bunch of bullstuff spam in the console.\
Elaborate on "bullstuff spam".  I cannot read your mind. 

Escape menu opens outside of a server
Known issue.  Will be fixed.

Music loops larger than 1mb are not added to the music list (D:<)
Oh darn, you can't force people to download your entire music collection converted to .ogg.

The "faster" cache system makes blockland take about 8 times as long to start up
The cache is rebuilt the first time you start a game, it should not happen again. 

I can no longer run two different blockland windows at once
If you really have to do this, install the game to two different locations.

I cannot access the files I have downloaded from connecting to other servers for my own uses
Good. 

I fixed my problem by moving dedicated and dedicatedLAN out of my Blockland folder.