Author Topic: Thereafter [Blockland Movie - "IcyGammas Best Work"]  (Read 12841 times)

When Dennis Hubbard discovers he has a terminal illness, the prospect of going through uncomfortable treatment in what will potentially be his last few months on Earth is not a good one. Rejecting to seek medical help, and suffering from past trauma regarding darker times in his life, Dennis attempts to take his own life to escape it all. But things don't go quite to plan. When he wakes up in a mysterious, surreal, dark, isolated world he has no idea he'll be stuck here for what could seem like eternity. With strange happenings, torments, puzzles, and intimidating events regularly occurring, its not long before the loneliness and fear sets in. Dennis must get out of this world, wherever he is. But he'll have to learn the ways of this empty wasteland in the meantime. And along the way he might just realize how fortunate his life really was before.

Info
This movie is a drama. Its not a joke video, so if you are the kind of person that suggests for people to kill themselves online, enjoys trolling, and averts seriousness with internet memes and fads, you might not enjoy this. :P
A few people who have seen this trailer believe this to be my best work.

Genre: Drama / Mystery
Runtime: 23:33
Size: 54mb, watching on Vimeo will not destroy your bandwidth ^_^

Watch

Watch The Trailer

Watch The Full Movie

If you watch it and don't understand the story, here is an explanation-- only read it AFTER WATCHING!

Other Cool Things

- Each character is moved by a variety of players or bot events. The main character was acted by 4 players!
- The movie was originally called "Hereafter" but in a shocking (and frankly pissy) coincidence, an actual movie later used the name. It was changed to "Thereafter" since it pretty much has the same effect.
- This movie lived through a 7.1 earthquake
- This movie was filmed in 4 different versions of Blockland
- The movie was written backwards, the ending was conceptualized first, then the middle of the movie was thought up. The only physical script written was for the beginning scenes of the movie, the rest was slowly developed and improvised, and locked up in IcyGammas head.

Watch IcyGamma's Blockland Sketches
See more ISeeGamma Productions movies.

Goofs & Trivia (SPOILERS)
Goofs, trivia, and other fun stuff here.

Awesome People
Thanks to all those awesome Blocklanders who (consciously) contributed:

Duck Invaders (5270)
Adam487 (687)
Jairo (22398)
Evö (10249)
Penguin/Person (2084)
cigarette (9783)
IcyGamma (4127), yours truly, I'm not thanking myself I'm just in the list because I can >_>
Mogarf (5671)
Sandstorm (13246)
Roknrollwill (5031)
*Magick* Mage (671)

Enjoy, watch, rate, and review.
ISeeGamma Productions 2010
Warning, potential spoilers below!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 01:43:33 AM by Sheath »

oh wow that came out of nowhere

oh wow that came out of nowhere

I've been working on it for many months, a lot of the development discussion has been over at the Blockeye Entertainment board since I don't like to leak a lot of information nor open the project up to rants before its finished. :P

EDIT: Here, www.blockeyeentertainment.com/forum/index.php?topic=782

The test results say you have cancer.

i c

The test results say you have cancer.

i c

Hes in shock. And hes already lost so much, its just another blow.

so I don't get it.

Did he live in terminus plains and that's what killed him?

so I don't get it.

Did he live in terminus plains and that's what killed him?

You should probably watch it again and pay attention lul.

EDIT:
If you watch it and don't understand the story, here is an explanation-- only read it AFTER WATCHING!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 02:17:03 AM by Sheath »

I still don't get it.

Is he dead or not?

Ha, you changed the name because of the movie that was coming out, hereafter.
Glad to see my name in there, thought you'd forget me.
How can I help again?
you finished it? :O

it was ok, horrible voice acting.

it was ok, horrible voice acting.

Well, even if you dislike my voice acting, I strongly feel DarkStar and Rogue offer some of the best voice acting you can find in the BL community, so that's too bad.

Well, even if you dislike my voice acting, I strongly feel DarkStar and Rogue offer some of the best voice acting you can find in the BL community, so that's too bad.
I thought the main characters voice was bad, every one else was epic. :D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 05:24:20 AM by ID9962 »