►►►Don't Post Full Songs.

Author Topic: ►►►Don't Post Full Songs.  (Read 251393 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
Don't post full songs because...
  1.  No one wants to wait for that crap to download from your server
  2.  I don't want to get beat down by the RIAA

Limit yourselves to looping songs that are < 500kb in size.

PS.  Someone figure out which files aren't appropriate and remove them or report them using the "report to moderator" link, please.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 05:52:53 PM by Badspot »

The Badspot has spoken...

Now go buy the CD ya bums!

May I add, please, no not pack musicList.cs files, just post what needs to added into that file to make the music work in your thread.

When you include this in your music pack, it will mess up the musicList.cs files of those who have edited musicList.cs already.

May I add, please, no not pack musicList.cs files, just post what needs to added into that file to make the music work in your thread.

When you include this in your music pack, it will mess up the musicList.cs files of those who have edited musicList.cs already.
You don't even have to edit the musiclist file, It automatically updates itself, Just activate it from the in-game menu. :V

where did my sounds go?

none of them were full songs, and most of them were under the size limit :(

The Badspot has spoken...

Now go buy the CD ya bums!
CDS ARE OUTDATED >:D

Lol, badspot getting beat down by the RIAA..  :cookieMonster:

You don't even have to edit the musiclist file, It automatically updates itself, Just activate it from the in-game menu. :V

Thats true, figured it would mess it up like it would in the add on file list, god that was annoying to recheck everything :P

Badspot, can we do more than 500 kb songs if they are not copyrighted? I was planning on doing some ambience.

Larger than 500k just takes ages for clients to download.

I've downloaded almost all the music and sounds here and to be brutally honest, they are almost all sh1te. People stop churning out rubbish just to be able to say "i released a sound pack" or "here it is, its not very good but i rushed it". DON'T BLOODY RUSH IT !!!!

Bad looping, too long, not mono, dubious music on the whole too !

My request would be please use mono, keep em small and please for the love of all that is holy, make them loop properly !!

does snots looping win

Badspot

• Administrator
I'd like to start removing things that are not looping, too big, or not mono.  Report them if you see any.

Was mine removed as it didn't loop/play properly? I didn't have time to test it.

Badspot

• Administrator
I didn't have time to test it.

This is a sign that you should not have posted it.  Don't post crap.

I apologise. I tested the new one, anywho.