Poll

Why do you think?

They're trolling
7 (20%)
They're ignorant
28 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Why do people compare Minecraft to Blockland?  (Read 2835 times)

I just wanted to know. They are obviously completely different games. Probably the only similarities are that they both have a building concept, and that's about it.

It kinda ticks me off when I explain what Bockland is to my friends and they're all like "OH SO IT' LIKE MINECRAFT, IT'S TOTALLY GOT TO BE A RIPOFF" Even when I tell them that it's similar to Lego bricks. Although they could proably be talking about Minecraft Creative but, eh.

One final note, it's come to my conclusion that these two games seem to be uncomparable, if you will. It's like comparing Halo to Pokemon

Discuss and whatnot

One final FINAL note. I wil not post this on the official Minecraft thread because I'm not talking about Minecraft directly, but to the people that compare the two games
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:57:00 PM by Katamari007 »

Because a whole bunch of the forum play it?

Often Based on gameplay, how fun it is. Fun isnt divided into stuff, and the whole "eiffrenrt gernres" garbage is ussually inacurate.

Well that would seem a bit weird, its like saying "I play Team Fortress 2, but now I play Spore because it's totally better and has a bunch more cool features" When obviously every feature is different from TF2

I might have said that wrong but I hope you get my point

Often Based on gameplay

True, but Creative mode is proably the only thing that fels like blockland. I mean in Blockland you have different shapes for bricks and events and whatnot, but in Minecraft
all blocks and the same shape, they only thing different would be the properties and the textures

And that would impact gameplay alot

MINECRAFT = BLOCKLAND

ITS SO OBVIOUS WHY YOU SO STUPID?

MINECRAFT = BLOCKLAND

ITS SO OBVIOUS WHY YOU SO STUPID?

I DON'T KNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW WWW

Because both aren't exactly visually stunning(Which can be proved wrong on occasions) both use blocks, other than that, completely different games

i find minecraft very very boring. its like blockland with less gamemodes and 1 brick.

i find minecraft very very boring. its like blockland with less gamemodes and 1 brick.
Did you play Alpha? Or just creative, because creative is boring as hell

This community found it in it's baby stages, we're a part of why it got popular. (Other than him posting on v)

I only played minecraft for like 2 hours, very boring game even with other people. My theory is a lot of kids play and find games more fun the more simplistic they are.

I only played minecraft for like 2 hours, very boring game even with other people. My theory is a lot of kids play and find games more fun the more simplistic they are.

the success of world of warcraft lol.
classic mrpg fans think the game is complete stuff because its so simple.

simple dont have to be a bad thing, but it does incite a certain....market type of people...

Not

even

a

comparison

as
dasd