Poll

What's your opinion?

Progress
Failure

Author Topic: CityRp, Progress or Failure?  (Read 1182 times)

Many people, many different opinions, here and now. CityRp, Progress or failure?

There's one thing I love about Blockland, and that's it's diversity in mods. However, one mod that has shown an overwhelming amount of hatred is CityRp.

What are your thoughts and opinions? Does it need some work to be perfected, or was it a botched idea from the very beginning? Explain your thoughts here.

What about the other CityRp servers? There's a branch of CityRp's out there, your opinions?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 10:40:01 PM by Custard »

It's just another gamemode, and it's a bit repetitive after a while, and once you reach the top, which on many servers for many people, only takes a few hours, and most of that can be afk, there's nothing to do.

Nothing special.

City Rp, More like make a house buy weapons and shoot the stuff out of everyone

The mod itself is complex and shows great effort, but the whole concept of the mod in a sandbox-type building game just doesn't appeal to me. You might as well just go play Roblox to get an equally equivalent and stuffty experience.

What if someone was to say, add Government to the whole system? Would this allow a more player-based system, rather the dictatorship of administration?

Computermix and I are currently working on a government system, which will allow Mayor elections, and the raising and lowering of taxes. It will also have an elected congress, which can create laws and building regulations. What are your thoughts?

the admins are dictators for a reason

without them there is the complete and utter potential for the entire server to forget itself entirely because generally they know how it's supposed to run and will strive maintain that level of forgeted-over-ness

the admins are dictators for a reason

without them there is the complete and utter potential for the entire server to forget itself entirely because generally they know how it's supposed to run and will strive maintain that level of forgeted-over-ness
The point is to let the server forget itself until only the decent role players are left. Leave it to the people to rule themselves, because I'm to busy with more important things, like actually building.

The point is to let the server forget itself until only the decent role players are left. Leave it to the people to rule themselves, because I'm to busy with more important things, like actually building.
(Assuming you're one of the 'decent role players')
If you're getting constantly killed, you're going to leave out of illustration and the guy who just wants to kill everyone is still there, more will join him in a firearms rampage either as his friends, or to get vengeance, and thus, there will always be idiots with guns on the server.

Anyone decent would probably leave if the server was "loving itself" as you say.

Well, when the people have the power to choose decent representatives to make decisions for them, it's their fault if the representatives do a bad job. If that happens, then it's also their job to eject the political figure from office.

Not only that, but players may finally take role in political situations over the server's government by running for either the Mayor or Congress member, and I think that offers a lot of opportunities in the way CityRp works altogether. In all technicality, this is bringing CityRp into the next level of roleplay.

What I'm going to do with the government is divide it into 3 branches, like in the United States. This is called Checks and Balances.

Executive - Mayor - Enforces laws, can raise taxes, signs in laws

Legislative - Congress Member - Creates laws, can override the mayor's decision

Judicial - Court Member - Interprets laws, can override both of the branches decisions if it goes against basic civil rights.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 11:54:20 PM by Custard »

dude in city rps nondecent roleplayers run the goddamn economy

morons go around being richardbags to people people, cops jail them, cops get money, cops experiencing a lapse of stupidity buy weapons, said cops eventually and inevitably accidentally (or not) kill someone with them and get into being a criminal one way or another and moronic cops go to jail them starting the cycle all over again

without a certain element of stupid cityrp wouldn't even exist

It's a failure in operation but it succeeds as a social experiment, much like DarkRP.

CityRP = DM with currency.

CityRp is like making a big deal over nothing and the quality of the people who play are like this game is there REAL LIFE do you know what i mean

actually no i don't

mostly because that last sentence made no sense whatsoever