15 (3.1%)
They're alright.
40 (8.2%)
Good.
86 (17.6%)
EPIC :3
317 (64.7%)

Total Members Voted: 485

Author Topic: Ostinyo's Maps - Goodbye old friends :(  (Read 150683 times)

You guys, slate won't be the only map you can play on lol. Trust me, I'll be cooking up some lovey new stuff for a lovey new Blockland.

There will just no longer be the options of having a terrain or interiors. Don't be too depressed, there's still customization available.

You guys, slate won't be the only map you can play on lol. Trust me, I'll be cooking up some lovey new stuff for a lovey new Blockland.

There will just no longer be the options of having a terrain or interiors. Don't be too depressed, there's still customization available.
oh lol I'm stupid :P

Some.

I am sad and was looking forward to blockvagas

Goodbye Blockland maps, you will be forever remembered.

As the sun sets upon the horizon, the many maps of Blockland are erased from existence.

And I finally return to release the full version of Medieval Kingdom... Days before its doom.

Now I have a proposal to map makers. In the new update, I know it will be possible to make maps with dts shapes, but I feel we should let it be. Maps don't quite fit in Blockland; builds need to take over. Do others agree that it would be best to not recreate Bedroom or make cities and the like? All maps from here on should be maps to emphasize the sandbox, not attempt to replace builds or anything.

please realese your public server maps before the update has come, for the hell of it.

And I finally return to release the full version of Medieval Kingdom... Days before its doom.

Now I have a proposal to map makers. In the new update, I know it will be possible to make maps with dts shapes, but I feel we should let it be. Maps don't quite fit in Blockland; builds need to take over. Do others agree that it would be best to not recreate Bedroom or make cities and the like? All maps from here on should be maps to emphasize the sandbox, not attempt to replace builds or anything.

Agreed. I'm done with mapping in v21, making maps with .dts models seems pointless.

Agreed. I'm done with mapping in v21, making maps with .dts models seems pointless.

Ya, anyways maps (even GSF maps) just never quite fit the Blockland style. I want to see Blockland enter into an era of better graphical achievements, and see better creativity from people who have nothing to use as a template.

please realese your public server maps before the update has come, for the hell of it.

Nah, they were never completely finished. Except for Nuketown - but you could just use Slate for that.

I disagree, I think that there are some things that builds cannot do, that you can only do with maps. Certain slopes, for example, just can't be made out of ramp bricks.

I disagree, I think that there are some things that builds cannot do, that you can only do with maps. Certain slopes, for example, just can't be made out of ramp bricks.

Any slope can be made out of ramp bricks. Download the extended ramp brick pack on RTB or make your own.

Your castle has a nice design but poor execution. Most areas I can't go inside and you even had a few hollow spots with no way in without the use of f8. I feel as if the castle was a wasted effort.

I can't go in the towers, the main section, the keep, etc. There is only like 3 areas I can go into without f8.

As for downtown it needs more hollow buildings and you should of used a gritty texture for the sidewalk so everything doesn't look smooth and blend in.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:51:57 AM by Lørd Tøny »

Castle wasn't finished and neither was downtown.

Yup, Nasoa is right there. The reason I never finished Medieval Kingdom was because the file became so big that what I had there alone was glitching out whenever I added or modified new things. And Downtown was an old project that I randomly came back to and quickly finished, but then never took the time to even make the road buildable.

I don't really care now, I'm looking forward to new projects of my own and possible Blockland builds.