Poll

Online file storage like Google Drive? (monthly prices)

50GB ($3.00)
41 (11.2%)
100GB ($4.50)
17 (4.7%)
250GB ($7.50)
10 (2.7%)
500GB ($12.50)
7 (1.9%)
750GB ($16)
6 (1.6%)
1TB ($20)
30 (8.2%)
2-8TB (proportional to 1TB price)
0 (0%)
8-16TB (proportional to 1TB price)
43 (11.8%)
Prices too high (READ)
44 (12.1%)
No desire
167 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 365

Author Topic: Kaphost Blockland Servers  (Read 546989 times)

No, it's disk space.

But consequentially, yes.

I'm gonna be very generous on disk space because there will be 2x1TB hard drives.
Okay. So could I buy 4 of the dirt packages at once and then get it for 4 months?

Okay. So could I buy 4 of the dirt packages at once and then get it for 4 months?
You buy a dirt package for 4 months, not 4 dirt packages

This also isn't my image. Click the picture.

It's only a notice for this thread, if you're interested read it in the Minecraft thread.

It's only a notice for this thread, if you're interested read it in the Minecraft thread.
You posted a notice for Joey's Minecraft hosting?

So I may be able to do Minecraft hosting, I've got a plan:

First, I have to wait for power to be restored at my house because I need my non-production server for testing. Then, I'll do some testing and write some managers. Then, I'll buy a Linux server for my production stuff and reserve half of everything for Minecraft hosting. My prices will be very similar to this and may cheapen as I go "live" with the service:

As I enter final testing stages I will move them to a new server purely for Minecraft.

I may be able to install Linux on this laptop I have, which may quicken this process.
I'm going for the dirt package.. :3

Ive never hosted

No, it's disk space.

But consequentially, yes.

I'm gonna be very generous on disk space because there will be 2x1TB hard drives. Probably proportional to the amount of memory.
Dude Kalphiter I'd buy that, that is an extremely good deal.
Edit: "Cheap prices for a limited time only!" x.x

Quote from their site:
We may be hosting for Blockland.

:O

Quote from their site:

Remember the guy that posted here months ago?(Not PacNet) hes website simplehostservers, was selling these services... that guy said he wanna make it for blockland too. Kalphiter copied the plan design of simplehostservers and posted it here. Now he wanna open a service for minecraft too.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:51:32 AM by Cajetan »

Remember the guy that posted here months ago?(Not PacNet) hes website simplehostservers, was selling these services... that guy said he wanna make it for blockland too. Kalphiter copied the plan design of simplehostservers and posted it here. Now he wanna open a service for minecraft too.
And?

Dude Kalphiter I'd buy that, that is an extremely good deal.
Edit: "Cheap prices for a limited time only!" x.x
Yeah, I don't know why that's there, but here are 2 possible reasons:
1. Needs to raise them eventually to prevent loosing money
2. Draw clients in quickly

Either way, I would keep those prices indefinitely.

Quote from their site:

From Joey?

I talked to him and they said it was too much of a pain in the ass due to connection problems.

Now, [DRS], may actually give Kalph a run for his money if they decide to host for BL. However, I never discussed this with the person who runs it. They already are setting up many kinds of servers as far as Web Hosting and FTTP stuff. I though I'd just wanted to let you guys know that Joey isn't the only person to watch out for.

From Joey?

I talked to him and they said it was too much of a pain in the ass due to connection problems.

Now, [DRS], may actually give Kalph a run for his money if they decide to host for BL. However, I never discussed this with the person who runs it. They already are setting up many kinds of servers as far as Web Hosting and FTTP stuff. I though I'd just wanted to let you guys know that Joey isn't the only person to watch out for.
Him hosting Blockland means he can't use his GameCP program, which he doesn't have the skill for.

Him hosting Blockland means he can't use his GameCP program, which he doesn't have the skill for.

Wait, what? GameCP? Where the forget are you getting all this from?

http://simplehostserverco.gamecp.com/

It's a panel that runs the game servers and manages everything.