Poll

Online file storage like Google Drive? (monthly prices)

50GB ($3.00)
41 (11.2%)
100GB ($4.50)
17 (4.7%)
250GB ($7.50)
10 (2.7%)
500GB ($12.50)
7 (1.9%)
750GB ($16)
6 (1.6%)
1TB ($20)
30 (8.2%)
2-8TB (proportional to 1TB price)
0 (0%)
8-16TB (proportional to 1TB price)
43 (11.8%)
Prices too high (READ)
44 (12.1%)
No desire
167 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 365

Author Topic: Kaphost Blockland Servers  (Read 554885 times)

Meanwhile in Kalphiter time....   Dec 10th New Panel my ass.
Aw darn, I hope your server doesn't expire before the new panel!

Sounds like hardware or localized network issues in NZ. Perhaps you should install or write some more comprehensive monitoring so you can be more proactive Kalph? Shoot me a PM if you want some suggestions.

Not sure, other servers were fine. Just mine was on the fritz.

A little disappointed Kalphiter hasn't acknowledged me but there you go.

Not sure, other servers were fine. Just mine was on the fritz.

A little disappointed Kalphiter hasn't acknowledged me but there you go.
I did notice a slight packet loss (a few 10s of seconds) across the three MTRs I run, however I am pretty sure it was after your incident. I found a good solution for recording when and where issues happen.

I just though of this and I thought it was kinda need so ima post it here

Before Kalphs service:
everyone was a hobo
Kalphs Service:
kalph was a car and everyone rode in it even if they didn't like it. it was a dirty and disgusting car.
Lub's Service Announcement:
everyone was looking at the door ready to get out
Lubs Service Release:
3 quarters of the people jump out and grab onto lub's car, kalph grabs a tether and tethers the front of his car to the back of lub's car, but lubs car still goes on and kalph's car just barely keeps up from the stuff it gets from lub's service

pretty strange idk but i thought it was a good way of saying it.

Can you explain away the dozens of 100-90% satisfied customers

I did notice a slight packet loss (a few 10s of seconds) across the three MTRs I run, however I am pretty sure it was after your incident. I found a good solution for recording when and where issues happen.

Just a heads up, a long running MTR isn't really a helpful metric as ICMP packets will get rate limited and give you incorrect results, you should look into some better monitoring. If you get loss at nodes inside your providers network, especially at core router or peering POP level, time to contact your provider. Running a MTR from a single location (gonna guess your house) and seeing loss on local nodes is never an issue of any magnitude.

I saw you post about Server4You's poor network quality on a public forum, are they really that bad at acknowledging problems?

Hey it seems to be happening again right now. Similar time to yesterday.

EDIT: Its much worse today, lag spikes of up to 3 - 10 seconds or more long, with brief smooth pauses lasting 20 seconds in between. Someone or something is doing something at this time to cause this, I wonder what. Its quite suspicious actually.

EDIT2:  I had to reconnect twice because of this lag. On the third time I decided to wait 30 seconds so it would appear I had left the server. After rejoining, the lag had stopped. I suggest you put effort into looking into this because it suggests somebody targeted the server while I was there.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:39:47 AM by lcyGamma »

Network problems without a doubt, average ping is over double.

It's nice that you care so much about Kalphiter that you run your own connection tests for him.

I think you're in love <3

That's funny because I'm running the same test and getting no change at all. Pingdom is a piece of stuff. Don't you ever give me results from it again.

I saw you post about Server4You's poor network quality on a public forum, are they really that bad at acknowledging problems?
You mean a problem in the late hours of the night? It's not a poor quality network either, you just make yourself believe that.

You mean a problem in the late hours of the night? It's not a poor quality network either, you just make yourself believe that.
Any problem is a problem. If my datacenter had a problem in the "late hours of the night" they'd owe thousands in compensation on SLA terms. You see the difference between good quality and poor quality? Would love to see a link to your public Pingdom report.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:56:57 PM by Rub »

Any problem is a problem. If my datacenter had a problem in the "late hours of the night" they'd owe thousands in compensation on SLA terms. You see the difference between good quality and poor quality?
I'm not sure where you're getting this from, it does not have problems in the "late hours of the night" anymore.

I'm not sure where you're getting this from, it does not have problems in the "late hours of the night" anymore.
I'm getting it from your post but ok.

How about that public Pingdom report?

So is this better than the RTB server hosting?

So is this better than the RTB server hosting?
Not at the moment, but in a month it will far exceed what RTB has to offer.

In fact, buying a month of RTB would be a great idea to do before switching here...