Poll

How helpful and instructive do you find my tutorial?

Extremely!
145 (78%)
Fairly
29 (15.6%)
Not Very
6 (3.2%)
Not At All
6 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Ostinyo's Mapping Tutorial  (Read 86409 times)

I see you linked to my version of flatlands, but could you swap the link to Flatlands 2.0, which is more user-friendly and has better lighting?
http://www.mediafire.com/?ncqo53lwnqzt4k9

I see you linked to my version of flatlands, but could you swap the link to Flatlands 2.0, which is more user-friendly and has better lighting?
http://www.mediafire.com/?ncqo53lwnqzt4k9

Changed it. Is only the lighting changed?

Changed it. Is only the lighting changed?
The terrain has also improved.

The terrain has also improved.

You mean the fact that there is now some dirt splotches and that it is set to the lowest level?

You mean the fact that there is now some dirt splotches and that it is set to the lowest level?

I did notice the dirt splotches, but the terrain height is intentional.
Changing the height is easy.

I did notice the dirt splotches, but the terrain height is intentional.
Changing the height is easy.

Tis what I thought. Cool ;)

Although I did kind of rather just all grass for freebuilds... not sure though. Dirt splotches are kinda nice ;)

I already made a map folder and his name is: Map_Highsand

But when i search it in the directory the folder Map_Highsand isn't there!!!!! :c

This can be fixed by choosing to load a mission and finding it there.

Jeez i really need this to make some of my builds even epic'er im going to save this URL :D Thx!

Jeez i really need this to make some of my builds even epic'er im going to save this URL :D Thx!

No problem police ;) Can't wait to see them!

I need help when i go into addons (Do i have to select mission editor?) If i do its not there and i downloaded it.

I need help when i go into addons (Do i have to select mission editor?) If i do its not there and i downloaded it.

No, you do not have to select Mission Editor, it will start up in-game when you hit the key-bind (F11 on PC) automatically.

Can you please help me it doesn't work when i press f8 f11 and i've uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing Please help?

why does it keep saying a"Terrain file "" is read-only" and the brushes don't work. Do i need to use flatlands or does slate fields work?

Edit:
basically nothing is working
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 09:27:27 PM by Hazmat »

why does it keep saying a"Terrain file "" is read-only" and the brushes don't work. Do i need to use flatlands or does slate fields work?

Edit:
basically nothing is working

Slate fields is a slate edit, and has no terrain file. You cannot edit he terrain because there is no terrain.