Ostinyo's Mapping Tutorial

Poll

How helpful and instructive do you find my tutorial?

Extremely!
145 (78%)
Fairly
29 (15.6%)
Not Very
6 (3.2%)
Not At All
6 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Ostinyo's Mapping Tutorial  (Read 86270 times)

I mean i need help packaging

All the info you need to package a map is in the OP. So unless you're having a problem with a specific part of packaging I can't help you, sorry.

Guess what I found out?  Trying to make any object above a certain height will cause TC to start guessing at its location.  Leading to numbers like 4.00002 on the object size. (Also causes collisions if another object is too close)

A fix for this is to export multiple files.  You must take all of the screwed up objects and move them to a separate file.  Then you must remake or fix these files at ground level or somewhere near there.  Scaling down helps reduce glitches with the larger objects.

So yeah, this should be included in the tutorial, whether or not interiors are going away.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:33:00 AM by Dglider »

I had to make things at a tiny scale because I couldn't select faces in Constructor, and then scale it up when I was done.

Dglider, that's really funny ;P But no, I'm not including it in the tutorial. I'll keep it as is, and don't want to spend the time figuring out this wacky engine's kinks. I would also recommend people to let interiors die forever, as they were horrible for Blockland anyways. Wow I sound so hateful lol...

And Nasoa, did you select the object before attempting to select its faces?

It was with big things, not much of an issue now though lol.

It was with big things, not much of an issue now though lol.

Oh yeah, I had that problem too. I always eventually got to click on the face for the most part by changing my perspective a ton of times until it worked. Pretty lame if you ask me :\