Drawings Megathread

Author Topic: Drawings Megathread  (Read 3585671 times)

paper thin ears
gotta add that depth

obviously i didnt add depth correctly beacuse i did this in like 10 seconds but you should get the idea

Thanks for the tip! I really appreciate it.
np mate and word of advice: if anyone tells you that your drawings are stuff or anything like that, take note but don't be discouraged
never quit art alright
i've seen too many people get discouraged by some nasty comments but don't give up

np mate and word of advice: if anyone tells you that your drawings are stuff or anything like that, take note but don't be discouraged
never quit art alright
i've seen too many people get discouraged by some nasty comments but don't give up
I don't think I'd be giving up. Thanks again, though. It's really nice to see people here go out of their way to help/encourage others.

trying to draw a dragon, wings and limbs are Riddler
There's a lot of nice sites for assisting with dragon anatomy. I'd give you some ideas, but most of what I know is pretty lacking so it wouldn't really help. Either that or I'm just terrible at describing it. Here, though. These might help.
(Dragon head)
(Anatomy tips)
They're what I used (While cross referencing other sites/drawings)

EDIT: Sorry, meant to add this into my previous message and posted instead. Whoopsie
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 06:14:46 PM by Doctor Disco »

should have made him do the vape nation sign smh...........

\//\

should have made him do the vape nation sign smh...........

\//\
I would if I could :^(

I would if I could :^(
Try to, tracing is only gonna make you good at tracing
If you want to actually draw your own stuff you should look at other art work and try to make something of your own out of different sources depending exactly on what you want to draw, tracing can definitely help though i usually trace hands because hands are a bitch to draw, but if you really want to get better try not to rely on tracing to heavily.
Besides tracing doesn't really leave you with much to be proud of either, sure you went through the work of the tracing it, but it's not your own original piece.
Just try drawing something you want to draw yourself and use different sources to help you out, use tracing for small things and not for the bulk of your drawing, but it's of course best to not use tracing at all.
But that's just the way i see it, i don't know alot about art but i do know that tracing is usually frowned upon

I didnt trace it tough
Well
A little

I only trace the beginning to get the size n stuff right (and some curves depending on the drawing but I dont do that allot)
In this case the "inside" side of the index fingers. You know the 2 long lines near the eye thing. I suck at explaining shutup. And the thumbs tho because forget these.

Other than that I just have the image on my screen as a reference.

Also I would make OC if I was creative in the first place :/

I didnt trace it tough
Well
A little

I only trace the beginning to get the size n stuff right (and some curves depending on the drawing but I dont do that allot)
In this case the "inside" side of the index fingers. You know the 2 long lines near the eye thing. I suck at explaining shutup. And the thumbs tho because forget these.

Other than that I just have the image on my screen as a reference.
Well the general message behind what i said was to try to use tracing sparingly if just not all.
Also I would make OC if I was creative in the first place :/
Then get creative, seriously just draw whatever you wanna see in your mind, for your OC just think of things that you think would make a cool OC, but just try to make something that you can really call your own, and quit bringing yourself down like that, every single human being is creative in some way, you just have to find your way of expressing it, and if you're not creative in art then there's certainly something else you're creative in, which in turn you could then end up drawing.
If you really want to become a good artist or anything for that matter, rely on discipline for example draw for like 1 or 2 hours a day, and then just draw anything, motivation helps but it's gone before you know it, i've had multiple instances of drawings that came out of motivation which i worked on for one day and then never worked on again e.g my entry for remurr's summer challenge.
Oh well i'm trailing off again, the general message is: use tracing sparingly but try to work toward never using it, and don't bring yourself down, if you convince yourself you're not creative, then you won't be creative, make the switch in your brain and get to drawing.

WIP

the blue wing sketch was drawn by armyunit, so i decided to use it as a ref

WIP
[img]http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/0371/bepi2de7a32r2e4zg.jpg[/img
the blue wing sketch was drawn by armyunit, so i decided to use it as a ref
Looks great so far!