Author Topic: Drawings Megathread  (Read 3593487 times)

humanized sonic 18+ roleplaying

uhh
are the under neck scales supposed to be darker because they should not be in shadow if that's your light source
also the lower jaw should not have shadow unless the front jaw is much wider than the middle which should not be the case for a dragon
the shadows at the back of the neck and the back of the jawbone should be much larger if your light source is that high contrast

the eye cavity shadow should be larger
the top of the head should be casting shadows backward

also the dragon kinda looks derpy but I guess rn you want shading criticism

are the under neck scales supposed to be darker because they should not be in shadow if that's your light source
rly? i thought the snout would be casting a shadow on them because the light source is supposed to be right infront of the nose

also the lower jaw should not have shadow unless the front jaw is much wider than the middle which should not be the case for a dragon
the spikey chin part is supposed to kinda buldge and thus be wider than than the rest by a bit so thats why i did the shadow on the rest of the lower jaw, but ya it does make the rest of the lower jaw look skinny :(

the shadows at the back of the neck and the back of the jawbone should be much larger if your light source is that high contrast
o7

the eye cavity shadow should be larger
im having trouble picturing this, can u describe it more, or sketch it out if it isnt too much trouble? if ur talking about the dark spot around the eye, thats supposed to be just darker scales, which is why that spot has the same sketchy texture as the lineart, rather than the smooth texture of the shading

the top of the head should be casting shadows backward
but the neck goes up higher than the top of the head, so idk what u mean

also the dragon kinda looks derpy but I guess rn you want shading criticism
ill take anything i can get so pls explain

also ty for the feedback

literally my first time drawing a dragon and done in 3 min, sorry for low quality

hope you can kind of see what I mean with the various tips
the "derpy" part was just that your dragon is much too fat for a dragon, I always picture dragons as sleek and lean
more importantly your dragon's neck bends way too much too fast, it's not a graceful bend but rather it looks like your dragon is made of pvc pipe

also ty for the feedback
at least you take feedback unlike a certain other ignorant forget
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 04:10:06 PM by Pompmaker2 »

more importantly your dragon's neck bends way too much too fast, it's not a graceful bend but rather it looks like your dragon is made of pvc pipe
this is something that has ticked me off since your very first dragon drawings in this thread

pls no giraffe dragons

this is something that has ticked me off since your very first dragon drawings in this thread
wowe why didnt u tell me sooner >:(

ty for all the sketches tho

pls no giraffe dragons

Not all dragons are graceful and sleek (Not my art)

hey pomp what kind of dragon is this: