Author Topic: Drawings Megathread  (Read 3590401 times)

looking at an object and drawing it without looking at the page

i am so bad at doing this that it is insane

well...sometimes

other times I can actually keep my hand/brain more steady
like if I try that it the scale I draw it at will probably change like five times

one time i was drawing a bottle and it came out to be tetraphenylcyclopentadienone

i've tried drawing peoples' faces without looking at the page before, and then it became a party game. the results are pretty much always guaranteed to be hilarious.

'64 Impala

I seriously want a 64 impala. My goal in life.

I seriously want a 64 impala. My goal in life.
just enter the drawing and you will achieve nirvana in life
although it might not run well considering the tires are a bit angled oddly
might be a bumpy ride

just enter the drawing and you will achieve nirvana in life
although it might not run well considering the tires are a bit angled oddly
might be a bumpy ride

well maybe it's just

in the middle of turning?

but char the tire in the back wouldn't invert itself outward unless this is a new form of sideways drifting!

but char the tire in the back wouldn't invert itself outward unless this is a new form of sideways drifting!

IT IS

3hr still life from direct observation laid directly in pen for my college drawing class:

ooh, very consistant. awesome

i think the only inconsistent part is the shading on the big cone
but i'd say that's only because it's a larger object
i really dig it but you always have to wonder who the hell would lay out a cone next to dish soap next to a martini glass

i think the only inconsistent part is the shading on the big cone
but i'd say that's only because it's a larger object
i really dig it but you always have to wonder who the hell would lay out a cone next to dish soap next to a martini glass
That's drawing class in college for you. Walk in with all that stuff on a table, teacher told you to bring an 18x24 pad and a pen, and he says "Okay, you have three hours. Draw it."

That's drawing class in college for you. Walk in with all that stuff on a table, teacher told you to bring an 18x24 pad and a pen, and he says "Okay, you have three hours. Draw it."

i am never going into a college drawing class

yeah of course i meant it in more of a literal way
i guess you could say that the forensic team had too much fun organizing the evidence

i am never going into a college drawing class
oh but you do learn a ton
i think
like different line techniques such as contours n' such
when my sister took it she did a lot of charcoal pieces which sounds like a messy blast of good times
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 10:11:42 PM by Flamecannon »

haha yeah it's not entirely awful. The way the program at my school is set up is that you have to do a year of general art education which includes four 3 credit studios: Drawing, Time (any art which happens over a period of time, so sound, video, animation, performance, etc.) Surface (very open ended, but boils down to non drawing 2D work) and Space (sculpture and extended media type stuff).

Basically it's a very learn by doing process. The professor gives you an assignment, shows you artists, you talk about art and the art making process, and then they give you feedback and guide you through the process of making a thing (including technical instruction when relevant) and then the class critiques each piece when it's done.

After the first year (which also includes a year of art history, two project classes in any departments of your choosing, and any other general university electives you'd like to take), you apply to one of the departments within the school of art with the stuff you made that year.