Drawings Megathread

Author Topic: Drawings Megathread  (Read 3593297 times)

I want to post something but I don't want a bunch more drama and other crap to occur

I want to post something but I don't want a bunch more drama and other crap to occur

I won't say anything negative.

forget, i won't say anything at all man

So I've been practicing for quite a while now and i've seen NO improvement what so ever. It's just kinda stuffty and stufftier. I try to draw anything really, characters, cubes, still-life, abstract and it all just turns out stuffty. This is something I REALLY want to do and i'm sitting here trying and not getting any improvement. What do I do?

So I've been practicing for quite a while now and i've seen NO improvement what so ever. It's just kinda stuffty and stufftier. I try to draw anything really, characters, cubes, still-life, abstract and it all just turns out stuffty. This is something I REALLY want to do and i'm sitting here trying and not getting any improvement. What do I do?
keep on keepin' on

blouk the only problem you have is the fact you overreact WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much when someone gives criticism
Like seriously, just because a few people don't like your drawings doesn't mean you should just stop.
I'm sure famous artists have also had people say their work is garbage but did they stop? no.
they kept on working and used the feedback people gave them to improve their work even more than what it originally was.
if people gave up after a few people said they disliked what they did, the government would be a absolute stuffhole.

Study study study observe and study
Do you know how the ancient Greeks created art? They based it on real life. They studied how things worked and recreated it to the best of their ability
They paid close attention to detail when creating paintings, sculptures, and other art forms and I feel artists today should do the same thing
Even looking at other art can help too, which is what other ancient people like the Romans did

>a few

blouk, i'm only supporting you in this 'cus i don't agree with baseless bashing

but stop feeling so sorry for yourself and just draw, geez.

but stop feeling so sorry for yourself and just draw, geez.

it can get annoying when you bash yourself so much

haha i'm not being a hypocrite here at all

Here, have a update on drawing styles, considering it's been a while since I did all my current stuff in one doodle.

Oh, and don't worry camel, I'm drawing a camel.

>a few

Ey you. I was in a similar pickle when I joined this forum, not a whole lot of people liked my stuff, all you need to do is keep trying. avoid all that bullstuff negative stuff, that's the reason why I didn't post for a while. (And now look where I am!) I recommend for you to do the same, go back into the shadows for awhile, and improve, try different styles, limiting yourself is the worst thing anyone could do.
(No I'm not saying you should leave the forum, just practice your art outside of it for a while, if it worked for me, I'm sure it'll work for you.)
Back in 2010, I had a somewhat similar style as yours, it only took four years for me to be where I am now, your art is better then mine in 2012.

All I'm saying, Bloukface, you need to experiment more. take a break from the forums (If you can) And punch us all in the face when we see your art again in the next few months, that's what I did, and now the only thing I'm hated from is from being "Edgy and filled with chicken claws" But I'm quickly fixing that.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 05:15:49 PM by [Na Pulse] »

wow the middle one is cute
you should draw comics with that

look how long his neck is wtf

look how long his neck is wtf

Long necks are cute necks.

yeah the left one is cute too but the middle one is adorable

Back in 2010, I had a somewhat similar style as yours, it only took four years for me to be where I am now, your art is better then mine in 2012.
wait what
Can I see them