Author Topic: Drawings Megathread  (Read 3580859 times)

oh boy time to save up 72 good boy points

what exactly makes it specifically for manga drawing

it's THE standard, it says it right there!

Workflow and tools. I mean, almost all the art programs are viable tools to draw, but some lend themselves to faster learning curves than others. Why spend months learning Photoshop by YouTube or via trial and error, when you can get down to business in like, a week, using tools dedicated to your task. You could argue that learning Photoshop may be beneficial for doing more than just one type of task, but not everyone wants to/needs to learn that. I like Photoshop for touchups/after effects, or other specialized tasks that aren't present in Sai. Problem is that PS is generally a clunky program (definitely slow to start up, even with my rather beefy comp) and the line smoothing is non-existent (I had to purchase a separate program to smooth my lines). I use Sai to do sketching, linework, and shading (I LOVE the watercolor tool). But Sai isn't a powerful interface, and lacks some really nice workflow features Photoshop has. I haven't tried Clip Studio, but I wager its the best of both worlds (Photoshop and Sai).

it's got a features that specifically help with creating manga (panel tools, page management in EX, patterns and materials commonly used in manga, collaboration tools in EX, etc.), tho that's not what i use it for, and it's not what any of my friends that use it got it for either. it's just a really nice art tool in general. 3D doll posing, nice flexible brushes, asset store full of useful (free) stuff, animation (!!), vector layers, and so on

neat
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:11:36 PM by otto-san »

my sister got mad at me for picking apart your drawing but it's pretty neat

Commander Spongebob Peeperspants

tried an extreme perspective because i was loving bored and i haven't drawn anything in like a month