Drawings Megathread

Author Topic: Drawings Megathread  (Read 3587003 times)

[img ]https://img00.deviantart.net/9cbf/i/2017/309/2/2/big_rock_gloom_by_kmoirark-dbssl8a.png[/img]
Called it "Big Rock Gloom" because I have no idea what else to call it.

This is freakishly amazing not gonna lie

Too bad my art is not really popular, I almost don't get any reaction at all in Deviant Art, Tumblr or Twitter. I think I'll just find another website to post my stuff in if anyone knows one. I just recently posted in Newgrounds and I'm seeing pretty good responses there.
--It would help if anyone has some type of Discord or website where I can talk about hobbies and stuff. Blockland is probably the where I can get that since I've been here for a little while now.
*edit*
[When I meant popular, I just meant that it's not as well liked as drawings that are more mainstream since its my own work, ideas and style]
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 12:12:23 AM by eyewind7 »

Too bad my art is not really popular, I almost don't get any reaction at all in Deviant Art, Tumblr or Twitter. I think I'll just find another website to post my stuff in if anyone knows one. I just recently posted in Newgrounds and I'm seeing pretty good responses there.
--It would help if anyone has some type of Discord or website where I can talk about hobbies and stuff. Blockland is probably the where I can get that since I've been here for a little while now.
doing art for the fame shouldn't be why you do it, you should do it because it's enjoyable

-creationism corner (although it has bad rap, it's a generally good discord but i think they're shilling for more popular users since sonokido is an admin)
facepunch creationism corner - (it's facepunch, not bad but not good if you're out of your element. still, a good source of publicity and criticism)

there are 2 i kinda reccomend

doing art for the fame shouldn't be why you do it, you should do it because it's enjoyable

Is true for sure
Still, I can see where he's coming from. Getting more constructive feedback is always nice, and it's really motivating if people actually like your art tbh

Is true for sure
Still, I can see where he's coming from. Getting more constructive feedback is always nice, and it's really motivating if people actually like your art tbh
ya like for me i guess i was a bit spoiled by a bunch of people here rly liking my parrot grass drawings (even going to the point where i'd get a bunch of "fan art" which rly touched me btw <3) and nowadays no one rly seems to care all that much about em so i just kinda slowed down on making them :c
regardless i still enjoy doing them but one of the reasons i kept doing it was cus people here liked it and it made me happy that they did

ya like for me i guess i was a bit spoiled by a bunch of people here rly liking my parrot grass drawings (even going to the point where i'd get a bunch of "fan art" which rly touched me btw <3) and nowadays no one rly seems to care all that much about em so i just kinda slowed down on making them :c
regardless i still enjoy doing them but one of the reasons i kept doing it was cus people here liked it and it made me happy that they did

Yeah I haven't been posting much so I haven't really been responding to art much sorry :(
But don't give up on your art pls! It is worth continuing!

(even going to the point where i'd get a bunch of "fan art" which rly touched me btw <3)

you're welcome tho

)

Yeah I haven't been posting much so I haven't really been responding to art much sorry :(
But don't give up on your art pls! It is worth continuing!
aww thanks i will keep doing it! <3
you're welcome tho

)

^^
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 11:20:20 PM by gr8dayseth »

-creationism corner (although it has bad rap, it's a generally good discord but i think they're shilling for more popular users since sonokido is an admin)
i left in like early october and also i am the least qualified person to be an admin
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 12:14:53 AM by TheKid »

I'm not doing it for fame, I just want to talk to people who have similar interests. It's not fun being alone. If I did want to do it for fame, I would just go everywhere and ask people to see my art, but I want people to see my art because I want to show what I think of the world and my ideas, and they can share their ideas and art to me, drawing is really fun for me.

--It's really hard to find someone who thinks similar to me, that's why I'm looking for them.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 12:00:11 AM by eyewind7 »

You know, when you want to talk to someone about what you like or made, but there's no one to show it to, and even if there was someone, they don't really care or are not relatable.
--I think it's more of a personal thing than an art thing.

I actually did make myself sound like I wanted to be popular, I'm not that good with talking to people.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 12:08:55 AM by eyewind7 »

How do u make the transition from 2d side-views to 3D from more angles?

I almost don't get any reaction at all in Deviant Art, Tumblr or Twitter.
welcome to the art game

ive been getting lucky with discords. none of that creationism corner stuff either
i did this strat with music discords: google big discords, like discords from popular subreddits, then in there, ask around for discord servers.
youll end up with an invite to discord channels that are big, but not too big, and the community in there is a whole lot friendlier too

or just stay on twitter and observe how every artist has a clique except for you (most realistic scenario 😞)