Drawings Megathread

Author Topic: Drawings Megathread  (Read 3482467 times)

quit bein such a bitch boi

I have a lot of drawings collecting dust. Posted in roughly the order I made them.

Never finished stuff

studies, 2016?

looks great, all of them
Thank you! It's a bit of an artist stereotype I know but I struggle to keep finish my drawings, I re-render the same thing over and over.

I end up spraying fixative and calling it a day when I'm stagnating

studies, 2016?

i thought these were two stock photos and you were comparing the womans lips to the lemon what the forget

there's a point where something is too convincing and meldaril perfected the uncanny valley on that one simply because it's in the drawings megathread and i had to zoom in  to see the paintstrokes

also this is really impressive, can you show off some of the paint-strokes because it looks nearly real. good job on the eyebrows and the curves on the shirt. is it based on anyone you know personally?

there's a point where something is too convincing and meldaril perfected the uncanny valley on that one simply because it's in the drawings megathread and i had to zoom in  to see the paintstrokes
thats not the uncanny valley. the uncanny valley is whenever something is too human-like but not enough to where it looks human. meld avoided the uncanny valley
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 09:03:33 PM by two and a half limericks »

i thought that face and the lemon were pictures then i looked closer and wew lad thats some good stuff melda

i thought that face and the lemon were pictures then i looked closer and wew lad thats some good stuff melda

bitch that's noomi rapace
Spot on, it is. It's from a scene in Prometheus.

Another drawing. Indian stick insect. Front two legs are lifted up.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 05:29:20 PM by Meldaril »

Spot on, it is. It's from a scene in Prometheus.
prometheus is my favorite loving movie on this gay earth

meldaril you're amazing, how long have you been doing this stuff??