Author Topic: Drawings Megathread  (Read 3481905 times)

i wish i could model half as good as you can draw, goddamn

Picked up a tablet recently.

Been doing random sketches to try and adjust myself and get prepped for more usage.

i wish i could model half as good as you can draw, goddamn
Thanks but I'd say modelling is harder than drawing.

Picked up a tablet recently.

Been doing random sketches to try and adjust myself and get prepped for more usage.
A little tip but don't draw on the tablet like you would traditionally. I see a lot of new tablet users drawing with that mindset.

Thanks but I'd say modelling is harder than drawing.

Its all relative and none is harder than the other. The both occupy different difficulty and learning curves. There are concepts that apply equally to both, and concepts that feed eachother.

Its all relative and none is harder than the other. The both occupy different difficulty and learning curves. There are concepts that apply equally to both, and concepts that feed eachother.
Fair enough, there are tricks to both.

Quick sketch

someone suggested i post my art here again just for kicks

(for @yuurikin on twitter)

vry nice and good all of u

i thought that looked a bit uncanny but then i saw the original one. i'd say that does it justice

First rough I've made with my new tablet.
https://imgur.com/tMOResQ

A little tip but don't draw on the tablet like you would traditionally. I see a lot of new tablet users drawing with that mindset.

Hey I really appreciate some advice tablet wise, how would you recommend I get out of the "paper pencil" kind of mindset when using a tablet for art?

Hey I really appreciate some advice tablet wise, how would you recommend I get out of the "paper pencil" kind of mindset when using a tablet for art?
First off get used to using whatever tools your program has, it makes your life easier. (Layers, masking, etc) As for drawing, practice making smoother lines and build muscle memory (contour drawing if you want to practice traditionally) since you are really staring at a screen and not drawing on the surface unless you have those expensive on-screen tablets. Also since it's digital this means you can make more rough/freer sketches so at first try not to put too much detail and slowly tighten up your drawing. Most importantly tho just practice a lot. (ik this applies for traditional too)

Rough sketch(s)

Worked on another
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 11:23:20 PM by Nixton 2.0 »

i accidentally made a near-perfect right angle

show the full picture coward