Author Topic: Server_NewChat (restricted edition)  (Read 10264 times)

This is my first addon, or at least what I'm allowed to post of it, and I call it
Server_NewChat

This is the description from the description.txt file:

Code: [Select]
This chatmod is a combination of all the different chat-based mods I have ever seen, along with a few of my own.
Features:
 - Standard Chat
 - Timestamps
 - Titles
 - User Defined Names
 - Local chat
 - Console access (removed)
- Private Messaging
 - Actions
 - Emoticons
 - See the full list in game by typing "/chatfunctions"

I would like to thank:
 - Bauklotz for saving me alot of work by letting me work with his chatmod
 - all the people that helped to test, and gave me ideas/advice
*please realize that this is the limited version that does not contain illegal chat evaluating functions, and that this is a complete rewrite of the serverCmdmessagesent function

A screenshot of the chatmod in action:

Since I was unsure if granting the host remote access to the console was a problem, or if it was just allowing the Host to grant people access, I removed both features.

Ideas bin:
 - A command to change the color of names in the chat.
 - A command to disable all names being capitalized.
 - A command to change the font.
 - A toggle for BL_IDs in chat.
 - A toggle for a "chat sound".
 - A toggle for the entire chatmod
 - Better flood protection
 - A toggle for removing client defined bitmaps and text codes from chat.
 - More Icons!
 - Client defined font/color (big rewrite)
 - Ingoring
 - Google search
 - Show ping of other clients
 - RTB prefs for everything.
 - Chatmod for people who want a boring chat experience
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 11:56:20 AM by Nexus »

Flood protection, ML tag clearing, etc? So you can't abuse this?

Flood protection, ML tag clearing, etc? So you can't abuse this?

I made it so people can't use rgb and font codes in their name, and so people could not send the same message twice in a row, unless they are admin.  A time limit for chat could be in a new update.

I made it so people can't use rgb and font codes in their name, and so people could not send the same message twice in a row, unless they are admin.  A time limit for chat could be in a new update.

commandToServer('messagesent',"<font:Impact:32>I like <bitmap:base/client/ui/ci/car>s.");

illegal
BADSPOT MAKES LAWS

But yeah, I was wondering who made that chat mod that got failed, I didn't get to see the author.

commandToServer('messagesent',"<font:Impact:32>I like <bitmap:base/client/ui/ci/car>s.");

Yes, you could say that. However, only 16 x 16 pixel bitmaps can be used in the chat, for some reason I have no clue about.

Yes, you could say that. However, only 16 x 16 pixel bitmaps can be used in the chat, for some reason I have no clue about.

It's the max height. That bitmap is the image for getting run over, by the way.

Can the local chat be disabled?

It's the max height. That bitmap is the image for getting run over, by the way.

neat. I had tried 15 px images, but they didnt work.

Can the local chat be disabled?

Yes. Everything is togglable, except the chatmod itself.

neat. I had tried 15 px images, but they didnt work.

Yes. Everything is togglable, except the chatmod itself.

They have to be ratio'd images, I think. Can't you put a if($chatmod::on) check in there? and if not, it just does the parent?

Last question, does this work with teams? As in do player name colors in chat change depending on team?

I did nothing with minigames and team chat.  Although, I believe regular team chat already has this feature.

They have to be ratio'd images, I think. Can't you put a if($chatmod::on) check in there? and if not, it just does the parent?

I thought about that, and if I get enough new ideas/suggestions, i will release a v2 soon.

When I play Blockland, I'd rather not have stuff covering half of my screen.