Author Topic: Will someone make EW for retail?  (Read 8393 times)

I agree with Televangelist. Very good written!

Most of you people are so f*cking conservative.

You ppl are so fcking handicapped.
Why would you want an EW?

Because it gives me more freedom in building? The challenge is to come up with the ideas and then put it into practice. And the only restriction of what you can do is yourself.

The problem with it was that ppl were using Blockland as a firgging Modeler, not a Lego game anymore, and that is basicly what your asking for.

So?

What do you mean it gives more freedom?
That is not what Badspot intended and that is not what this game is suppoused to be about, you have as much freedom as you want without an EW, you just have to be creative.
If you search Lego on google Image search you will come up with some really impressive stuff like a Homer Simpson built entirely out of lego.

It does not give you more freedom, and it doesn't make this game a Building type of game anymore, it becomes a modeler, which leads into your second quote.
This game is about buildings blocks, and if you had an EW, I really don't see the point of having all of those bricks, because than, all you really need is a 1 x 1 bricks and some slopes. the Game becomes a modeling program, which doesn't become fun anymore because there is no challenge in building anymore if you can break the rules of Lego;

- They can't float.
- You can't stretch them.
- You can't place them inside one another.
- You can't position them in odd angles.

You ppl are so fcking handicapped.
Why would you want an EW?
The problem with it was that ppl were using Blockland as a firgging Modeler, not a Lego game anymore, and that is basicly what your asking for.
Here's a suggestion:
Go earn some money and buy a descent modelling program and get the fck off this site.
Or, go download a free program and get the fck off this site.

Also, no one will ever bring back the editor wand.
This game is based of building with Lego, you can't stretch Lego bricks like that.
And that is what Blockland SHOULD be.
It shouldn't be an online modelling game.
And you said you don't like to be limited to building traditional lego style, which just pisses me off further more.
WHAT THE FCK ARE YOU DOING ON THIS SITE?!?!?!
GTFO NOOB.
If he wants to build with an editor wand then no need to get on his case. Back in RTB you wouldn't have even thought of building without an editor wand. Some people just find it difficult.

Anyone who flamed this guy needs to think before they post.

Again, no comment of the idea that EW takes no skill...

But it has been said MANY times that teh bricks do not support being streched.

I rather think BL shouldn't have an EW, as the builds are awesomer. But I liked it because it uberly reduced lag and framerate. k, so the lag died in Retail, but dang, that framerate is bad as ever. I could barely go into Badspot's dedcated server...with everything as far down as possible.

* Aloshi expects to be flamed and told to get a better graphics card.

How do you figure that?
Badspot spent lots of time optimizing the framerate.

Yes, but when his costumer support sucks and he doesn't want to help you it's kinda hard to be able to play without lagging like crazy at 11 thousand bricks.

Some of these handicaps are so STUBBORN. You really need to hammer the concept of NO EDITOR WAND right into their skulls, then hammer it a couple hundred more times. Lets sum this up in a paragraph that should be quoted whenever some handicap asks for the editor wand:

Quote from: Ephialtes
Why you can NEVER have an Editor Wand, not even you:
First we will define Blockland Retail:
  • The one you have to pay for
  • The one that isnt rtb
  • The one with the new character
  • The new one
  • The one that isnt old

Now to explain why you can never have it:

• The bricks in Blockland Retail do not scale
  • This means they cannot be stretched
  • They cannot be hacked to stretch
  • They will not be stretchable in the future
  • The bricks in retail cannot be at angles other than 90,180,270 and 360(0)
  • This also means they cant be rotated on the X or Y axis, only the Z axis
  • This means you cant rotate on the X or Y axes
  • This also means you cannot rotate to 43 degrees, or 108 degrees
  • The bricks in retail cannot be moved after being placed (as far as i've seen)
  • This means you cant move them after placing them
  • This means the editor wand wont work

Now to sum it all up:
You can NEVER EVER EVER NEVER have an Editor Wand for Blockland Retail (YES THE ONE YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THAT IS NOT RTB AND IS NOT THE OLD ONE AND IS CALLED BLOCKLAND RETAIL) because of all the reasons listed above. If you just want the wand so you can run about like mindless handicaps hitting everything, then get a fellow handicap to, because no sane person is going to aide you in your quest to get an editor wand into retail.

End.

blahblahsomecrap
If he wants to build with an editor wand then no need to get on his case. Back in RTB you wouldn't have even thought of building without an editor wand. Some people just find it difficult.

Anyone who flamed this guy needs to think before they post.

He's being an ignorant douche. Its like ringing up CNN and asking them to tell you whats going on in the news, even when its on tv, and in the papers.

You forgot to mention stretching and placing bricks through each other and other crap the EW let's you do is not possible with real Lego.

I forgot to mention stretching? DID YOU EVEN READ MY POST?

lol, whoops.
Yes I actually read it all, the stretching came out by default...  :cookieMonster:

krok is suggesting a second gallery.
one for blockland BUILDS (on a blockland forum, wierd huh?)
and one for models. (for some odd reason, he thinks they fit in with this site/community)

crazy ice cream lol
i cant even find the words for it

to whoever cant live without the noob stick:

theres a site for rebels. bring this new cause of not coping with new blockland there.
they running out of reasons to hate obl anyway.
and they have a editor! *shock
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 04:32:51 PM by Bisjac »

Quote from: Ephialtes

Now to explain why you can never have it:

• The bricks in Blockland Retail do not scale
  • This means they cannot be stretched
  • They cannot be hacked to stretch
  • They will not be stretchable in the future
  • The bricks in retail cannot be at angles other than 90,180,270 and 360(0)
  • This also means they cant be rotated on the X or Y axis, only the Z axis
  • This means you cant rotate on the X or Y axes
  • This also means you cannot rotate to 43 degrees, or 108 degrees
  • The bricks in retail cannot be moved after being placed (as far as i've seen)
  • This means you cant move them after placing them
  • This means the editor wand wont work

Now to sum it all up:
You can NEVER EVER EVER NEVER have an Editor Wand for Blockland Retail (YES THE ONE YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR THAT IS NOT RTB AND IS NOT THE OLD ONE AND IS CALLED BLOCKLAND RETAIL) because of all the reasons listed above. If you just want the wand so you can run about like mindless handicaps hitting everything, then get a fellow handicap to, because no sane person is going to aide you in your quest to get an editor wand into retail.

Hahaha, lol! The last part was funny. XD

And...what a revolution...

I rather think BL shouldn't have an EW, as the builds are awesomer. But I liked it because it uberly reduced lag and framerate. k, so the lag died in Retail, but dang, that framerate is bad as ever. I could barely go into Badspot's dedcated server...with everything as far down as possible.

* Aloshi expects to be flamed and told to get a better graphics card.
Get a better graphics card, you damn noOb!  :cookieMonster:

Framerate might be bad for ya, but not as "bad as ever". It's improved a lot since the beta.

^When you got an 8800 it's all good 8)