Author Topic: Will someone make EW for retail?  (Read 8391 times)

Most of the people here that even understand jokes know what BBC as well as CNN are.

CNN is NOT the American BBC. BBC is way better, and actually has content. CNN is just 24/7 news and gossip, and it's cable only.

BBC, Once more the Brits are better !

BBC has built in institutional biases.  For instance, on their website for a while after every time they said Mohammed's name they wrote "(PBUH)" after it, for "Peace Be Upon Him".  I can't trust a news source that treats certain topics, like religion, with kid gloves.

Now, with regard to the EW, I hear the following complaints:

1.  "The blocks in Blockland Retail can't be hacked!"

Answer:  That's an issue on Badspot's end.  If he doesn't want to put in an EW, that's fine and dandy, but he should remove any blocks to a modder putting one in - if there's a tradeoff with performance, then that should be a toggle that's up to the modder to decide.

2.  "I don't like people using Blockland as a 3D Modeller!"

Answer:  Why should I care what you like?

3.  "Use your imagination!"

Answer:  Again, why should I?  If you don't like my 'lack of imagination', play on a different server than me.

4.  "There's no skill involved in EW!"

Answer:  Why should I care about whether my creations display skill or not?

5.  "It'll mess up our rating system!"

Answer:  If you don't want to rate something that uses EW, then don't.  That's your problem, not mine.

i think most of you are being a bit harsh
ew was pretty useful and there were noobs that were stuffty with it
something that would be nice in retail (once i get it atleast...) is something that allows you to select bricks and move them if they are not in the place you would like them to be

The "if you don't want it then don't use it" argument is old and tired. You could use that for any game that's ever been made where a feature is disliked by audiences who can't stand change. By that point every person should just go make their own game and never share gaming experiences. Here's one:

"If you want to use EW, then go play the prototype."

i think that the EW was more of a Nessicity to get from the need to build big somewhat lag free builds in v002 (rtb) to retail which can handel all the bricks and well retail has come and the EW is no longer needed becuase we dont really have to worry about lag.

Please close this thread, it's just going to lead to more arguments which we do not need, this forums is spammed enough.

"I don't like people using Blockland as a 3D Modeller!"

Answer:  Why should I care what you like?

you better care if your asking others to make a mod for you

of all the modders in the blockland community. you would think one of them is also a wand noob, and would make one finally.
so either that guy dont exist and your s hit out of luck, or it cant be done.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 08:47:02 PM by Bisjac »

ok ok lets rap this up
EW=good for long or detail builds
EW=bad for normal building

EW should not be apart of retail as default
EW may be a addon or mod by the RTB staff or some other poor no life guy
MKAY! KNOW SHUT UP!

Simple:
-Not Possible
-Has no place in a "realistic" Block game.
-If it was possible,  could be used in a mod.

Simple:
-Not Possible
-Has no place in a "realistic" Block game.
-If it was possible,  could be used in a mod.

Which only about two people would download.
which would be about (or less) than 1% of the Blockland community.

I like the EW. But we cant have it in blockland. go play rtb.

If Badspot were to enable stretching and floating, all brick culling would have to be removed which would almost put us back to square one on the lag reduction side of things, and I CERTAINLY don't want that because you're being a baby and throwing up a fuss.

I think the EW is possible in Retail but just the scaling part, by the looks of the bricks Badspot has made the engine make its own bricks in game so instead of the Brick being models they are all one model when they connect. Thats why theres not as much lag because most of the bricks are connecting to each other and the faces that don't face out and are touch another face they delete them selfs. But what I mean by EW possible is that the Brick would stretch like making a new Brick in addons, You are able to change the scale of that brick.

Summery: EW possible only Scaling and I don't think BS will do it any day soon.