Author Topic: Will someone make EW for retail?  (Read 8388 times)

It'd be nice to have.  I don't want to be limited to building "traditional lego style" things, I liked the idea of using BlockLand like a 3D modeller that's far more intuitive than traditional programs and has a built-in multiplayer component.   And, perhaps even more than that, I don't like being bound by other people's arbitrary conceptions of what BlockLand "should" be.  As good as retail is, an editor wand would help.

Is anyone working on it?

i dont support.

i shall kill you

You ppl are so fcking handicapped.
Why would you want an EW?
The problem with it was that ppl were using Blockland as a firgging Modeler, not a Lego game anymore, and that is basicly what your asking for.
Here's a suggestion:
Go earn some money and buy a descent modelling program and get the fck off this site.
Or, go download a free program and get the fck off this site.

Also, no one will ever bring back the editor wand.
This game is based of building with Lego, you can't stretch Lego bricks like that.
And that is what Blockland SHOULD be.
It shouldn't be an online modelling game.
And you said you don't like to be limited to building traditional lego style, which just pisses me off further more.
WHAT THE FCK ARE YOU DOING ON THIS SITE?!?!?!
GTFO NOOB.

wand proves lack of skill. any noob can make anything with a wand, not impressive.
*cough (huge unfinished robots)

Anger management.

Anyway, Badspot intended this game to not have an editor wand. (Or at least not put in by himself)

EDITOR WAND WAS NEVER IN BLOCKLAND, ONLY IN THE MODS.

Anger management.

Anyway, Badspot intended this game to not have an editor wand. (Or at least not put in by himself)

EDITOR WAND WAS NEVER IN BLOCKLAND, ONLY IN THE CRAPPY MODS.

And I sorta disagree with Bisjac, it's pretty hard to build with an EW.
And you better run if your standing right in front of my face and I'm angry.  :cookieMonster:
Also, the Editor wand doesn't make it a lego game anymore, it's not fun when every one can stretch bricks and create things that would be completely impossible with lego.
and you can still create amazing stuff without an EW, just look at what Bones4 built, that titanic was amazing, and can be done for real with real lego if you ever wanted to.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 01:50:10 PM by Spartan300 »

EWWW, who wants an EW?

i think the meat of building, is showing it off on this forum's gallery eventually.

now what will new people to the community think when  they see models posted with their blockland builds? how can you have a semi-fair rating system also, when there are no building standards to build for.

meaning: your on the wrong pandaing site, and with the wrong pandaing community.

i dont go and post my MSpaint drawings on rl non digital art, painting sites.
that would make me a dumbass

wand is so, easy.

without limits how could it possibly be hard?
when difficulty is removed from a game, its becomes not fun (grammar)

just look at.....well any game almost.

Wow, those were some harsh replies.

Televangelist, If you want bricks with exotic sizes, have a look at the brick generator add-on. Beyond that (like odd angles etc) I can't help you.

use your imagination, thats the whole point of the game.

ZOMG I FOUND A SOLUTION! http://www.returntoblockland.com/

OMG WHATDAYAKNOW? IT HAS AN EW! GO PLAY IT! (its free -.- )

I agree with Televangelist. Very good written!

Most of you people are so f*cking conservative.

You ppl are so fcking handicapped.
Why would you want an EW?

Because it gives me more freedom in building? The challenge is to come up with the ideas and then put it into practice. And the only restriction of what you can do is yourself.

The problem with it was that ppl were using Blockland as a firgging Modeler, not a Lego game anymore, and that is basicly what your asking for.

So?

wand is so, easy.

without limits how could it possibly be hard?
when difficulty is removed from a game, its becomes not fun (grammar)

just look at.....well any game almost.

This was a stupid comparison. It's not a traditional type of game, it's more like a simulator. You want a game that's hard? Go and f*cking buy some ordinary game that's supposed to have difficulty levels!

now what will new people to the community think when they see models posted with their blockland builds? how can you have a semi-fair rating system also, when there are no building standards to build for.

Easy to solve. Just have two separate gallerys.

I think the EW is like cheating, you think cheating makes the game better. But then you realize its really crap but you must keep on cheating because you don't know how to do anything else. In conclusion

Cheating = Drugs.