Author Topic: How to calm OCD?  (Read 10345 times)

People biting forks with their teeth while they eat (RRRGH this is the worst one!)

same

You are just really brown town about your surroundings.

I have heard from doctors that I do have OCD.  
Doctors? Pfft, what do they know?

Chances are it's just something flaring up because of puberty or something. My brother's tourettes got really out of hand when he was 13-15.

People biting forks with their teeth while they eat (RRRGH this is the worst one!)
My mom hates this too.
But I do it anyway.
But not to piss her off.
Not that I don't want to.
But, I don't do it specifically to do that.

I have heard from doctors that I do have OCD.  
Because doctors are right 100% of the time.

Seriously, why is everyone trying to piss me off?
It's obviously fun.

Try not to think about that crack in your livingroom wall, and you'll be just fine.

I have OCD, or obsessive-compulsive disorder. As far as I can describe from personal experience, I can't stand:
Asymmetrical things (Including houses and paintings)
Anything that has to do with odd numbers
People doing any daily task in a slightly different way (Like cooking while singing)
People singing in public
High or low pitched noises

The list goes on and on. My OCD has been fine the weeks leading up to now and I've been able to slightly deal with things that bother me, but now, it has suddenly exploded into an annoying stufffest of uncomfortable feelings in my head. It usually bothers me when I am stressed, so maybe my midterm exams have made this happen. I need help calming this down before it gets worse (which it did a bit). Now, I have developed a hatred of:
Misproportional things
Sentences or words with an odd number of letters
Extremely large/small objects

Someone help me calm this down so that I don't die when I see anything on my lists!
blockland is nine
 :cookieMonster:

Whats it feel like to have OCD?

You can't calm OCD.
When you go whack, you can't go back.

perfectly fine because they're odd numbers which are arranged
i have ocd too :c

oh. ok

3 7 13 87 77 29 41 37

I had some really forgeted up OCD type things happen with me.
The first was that if I touched something by accident I'd have to touch it again, or run to somewhere nearby in 6 steps. Sometimes I'd think I had to count to 10 really fast 3 times before the nagging would go. I just figured it was stupid, and logically nothing would happen and what I was doing was some bad OCD-type behavior.

If anything OCDish happens again, I just picture what caused the OCD in a picture frame and imagine it shattering into a thousand pieces, like I destroy the obsessive behavior as if its a physical object and then I can relax. :3

Maybe you could do the same. Or, if you hear that creaking sound, imagine there is a little machine that is doing the counting for you so you don't have to. Imagining things like that helps me a lot, I'm pretty much over it now.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 07:51:00 PM by Sheath »

Dont know if this helps but listening to music usually calms my nerves.

That and sleeping.

:-s

blockland is nine
-cookiemonstersnip-
BlocklandV19 has an even number of characters