Author Topic: How to calm OCD?  (Read 10090 times)

I have OCD, or obsessive-compulsive disorder. As far as I can describe from personal experience, I can't stand:
Asymmetrical things (Including houses and paintings)
Anything that has to do with odd numbers
People doing any daily task in a slightly different way (Like cooking while singing)
People singing in public
High or low pitched noises
People biting forks with their teeth while they eat (RRRGH this is the worst one!)

The list goes on and on. My OCD has been fine the weeks leading up to now and I've been able to slightly deal with things that bother me, but now, it has suddenly exploded into an annoying stufffest of uncomfortable feelings in my head. It usually bothers me when I am stressed, so maybe my midterm exams have made this happen. I need help calming this down before it gets worse (which it did a bit). Now, I have developed a hatred of:
Misproportional things
Sentences or words with an odd number of letters
Extremely large/small objects

Someone help me calm this down so that I don't die when I see anything on my lists!

doctors can give you medication

I also hate medicine, so I can't do that.

The proper medication for OCD is only available in fourteen states. I have it too, which is why I know it helps.

Otherwise, try focusing your compulsive energy on something that you can fix easily. Doing this got me over the odd numbers thing, and making sure that I took an equal number of steps with each foot.

Edit: ...also, meditate.

1 3 5 7 9 11 13 15 17 19 21 23 25 27 29 31 33 35 37 39

thats actually making me angry
and not because of how idiotic that post was

forget YOU

You can't calm OCD.
When you go whack, you can't go back.

perfectly fine because they're odd numbers which are arranged
i have ocd too :c
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:30:35 PM by Altered »

You can't calm OCD.
When you go whack, you can't go back.
You think I like OCD? It sometimes keeps me awake because if the house creaks, I have to count an even number of times or wait until it creaks again to make an even number. I don't know why I do this.

try masturbating.
"WHAT THE forget MY snake ISN'T SYMMETRICAL FSDGFD"

You don't actually have obsessive compulsive disorder, you are just really brown town about your surroundings.

You don't actually have obsessive compulsive disorder, you are just really brown town about your surroundings.
I have heard from doctors that I do have OCD.
-snip-

Seriously, why is everyone trying to piss me off?