Author Topic: I have a large fascination for maps.  (Read 715 times)

I love maps. All the details. It's nice to see things from bird's eye view. I like laminated paper wall maps, not the digital ones like Google maps and stuff.
Anyone know where I can get some really big laminated world maps, or just free maps from anywhere?

i enjoy older maps with the dragons and stuff on em, makes me feel like i'm looking at something adventurous. you can get huge laminated wall maps from national geographic magazine, i have one from them.

Yeah, I was looking at those. 'Hella' spendy for the big ones, but I can see why. I just want to build up a cache of like, state maps and throw them all together. Probably store them in a chest or something.

Yeah, I was looking at those. 'Hella' spendy for the big ones, but I can see why. I just want to build up a cache of like, state maps and throw them all together. Probably store them in a chest or something.
Do you ever get the feeling that you were born 400 years too early?

a cool thing to do is get a map bath curtain, the transparent kind, and hang it on a black background...

you could also draw your own maps, if you have a steady hand they can turn out very nice...

Haha, good idea. I would definitely take a shower with one.
[img]

:D
Heheh, oh you. :3

i like books with the map in the begining, only problem is i sometimes rip the map out, make a bigger copy of it, and print a big one out.

I would like to rasterbate one, but I hate the idea of a bunch of printer paper maps. :/

i use tea and coffee to make the maps look brown, then i shoot arrows at it to make it look tattered, sometimes i tear and burn the edges a bit. in the end i poke nail holes in the edges. that makes it looks real good...

Haha, you funny man. :P