Author Topic: Cortex Command  (Read 976 times)

Cortex Command Is an entertaining side scrolling 2D shooter game. It features pixel graphics and incredibly accurate physics. As of now, Cortex Command is still in production and will be full retail price later. The game also sports a free demo. You can download the game here: http://www.indiegames.com/gameofthemonth/

When entering the menu, the player can choose from Skirmish or Campgain.

With Skirmish, you and/or up to three other players can play using PS3 Controllers, Xbox 360 Controllers, and any other gamepad-type device. This gamemode has no linear gameplay and the player can build a base, and fight off endless waves of bad guys.

With Campgain, the player is faced with multiple missions to do with certain objectives, For example, in Dummy Assault, the player must invade a Dummy fortress. (I have yet to beat that level)

When it comes to actual gameplay, I have to say I was very impressed by it's large amount of weapons to keep the battle going. From guns like the AK-47 to the SPAS-12, there are plenty of guns to keep you coming back for more.

You can also choose between several different factions:

Dummy Faction: Robots that look like test dummies. They use lazer weapons, and have lots of vehicles like the Tank and Rocket.

Coatlion Faction Army Soldiers, they look much like real US. Army Soldiers and can take a beating and keep ticking.

Ronin Fraction An elite group of fighters, the fraction that uses modern weaponry. They are my arch enemy!

There are many other factions out there, these are just the main ones.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 08:10:38 AM by curiosblockland6 »

There's another topic on this game I believe.

didn't the other topic start to die out

There's another topic on this game I believe.
you can never get enough cortex command

ive been playing the demo for this game so long

i should really buy it

ive been playing the demo for this game so long

i should really buy it
Yeah, you should. It's a great game!

didn't the other topic start to die out
Another reason to make a new one.

tried it. It was a little bit too complicated to be accessible at first. I feel like if I stayed with it I would enjoy it, but I dunno.

tried it. It was a little bit too complicated to be accessible at first. I feel like if I stayed with it I would enjoy it, but I dunno.
Right now it's kinda lacking content. But there's a lot of great mods that add lots of fun, even though I can keep myself entertained with just zombie cave.

Do want multiplayer
Someone made online multiplayer, but I don't think it was ever released.