Author Topic: BLB Editor v0.1  (Read 12061 times)

BLB Editor v0.1

Features
  • Edit Blockland brick files in a partially styled text editor
  • The model is rendered along side the text editor for easy editing without booting up Blockland
Planned Features
  • Syntax highlighting
  • More generic text editing tools - find, replace, comment/uncomment, etc.
  • Face and vertex editing - select faces and vertexes and edit their positions, scale, colors, textures, normals, uv coords
  • Importing of multiple industry standard 3d model formats: 3ds, obj (definite), collada (maybe). If you have any other model formats you would like to see (besides .blend because it has no structure at all) then post them here.
Download
You can download it from my site. Due to forum rules on sharing applications, I can not link to it directly. You can find the link to the file in my profile's signature. YOU DOWNLOAD IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Changelog
0.1: first release
Bugs
All bottom edge textures are broken when rendering.. and I have no idea why. No matter what I do to fix it nothing works.
Perspective seems broken on some renders... not sure if its the rendering matrix settings or the way the vertexes are rendered. This should be easy to fix once I find the issue.
System Requirements
  • OpenGL - Most modern graphics cards come with it
  • Any operating system that can run .exe files - not positive if it works in every operating system. From what I've read with the python compiler I used it should work on everything. Tested on Windows XP.

Awesome, so simplistic and easy.
Really good work on the rendering, it's quite helpful.
This should come with Blockland IMO.

If I ever had to make a brick, I would use this.

Whoa Cool. Very useful.

Also add a zoom in/zoom out feature

Great work Zack! :D

I can't see the rendering of the brick.

I'm just waiting for the massive inflow of BrickPacks. Hopefully we get some that aren't just blocks.

I always forget to ask how Badspot originally made the more complex bricks... Meh, not like this.

Can't wait for final version... Whenever that may be.

I can't see the rendering of the brick.
Did you View -> Refresh or ctrl + r?

If that still doesn't work put log.txt on pastebin and post the link here.

Bump. This has had less reception then I would of liked.
It lacks some features, I guess. I'm working on an OBJ importer right now.

The 3DS model importer I found is a massive amount of lines, so I'd prefer to cut out the good bits and rewrite it myself. Only problem is I have no concept of binary files at all.. so it might come later.

I added zooming, that was easy. Polygon selecting is a bitch. It comes with OpenGL by default, but the documenation for it is horrible. I might have to actually do some high-level maths and make my own thing :(

I long ago made a brick maker that could handle print bricks and textured bricks, I made a topic about it somewhere...