Author Topic: Dead Air  (Read 4646 times)

I don't typically post anything I make but I rather like this one so I figured hey, why not. It's segments from levels 2 and 3 of Dead Air, starting on the crane rooftop and ending in the construction site. Took me something like 3 or 3 1/2 weeks to make.

Notes:

Build is not entirely detailed. I try to keep any zombie builds I make (which is pretty much all I make any more) low on brick count so it runs better when I play them all alone in my lonely, passworded server.

Starting rooftop is the Versus version, because I don't like building chain link fences.

Office building's cubicle section has been cut down to just an elevator shaft because interiors are hard and I never liked that part anyways.

Pictures are very slightly blue because I forgot to change Slate Exodus' ugly default blue-tinted sun to not be blue tinted before taking pictures.

The weird pixel art-y thing next to the door in the seventh picture is Ctible. He originated from poor spray placement, and frequently makes reappearances around doors in our L4D/2 games. (Funfact: Some of you might recognize Salad as Scorpion (ID 1855). Mutant (Sobad) does not, and has not ever played Blockland.)

Pictures!

Loads on my own custom, unreleased colorset that contains colors from the MotE colorset, which is not rightfully mine so I most likely will not be sharing the colorset or the save any time soon. Sorry.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 06:07:49 PM by Spenny »

Nice Spenny, glad you showed a build of yours. This seems like a good build to play on.

Will you ever ask leader of MoTe clan to release the color set? also can we have save?

Will you ever ask leader of MoTe clan to release the color set? also can we have save?

I haven't seen Randy in ages. As far as the save goes, very many of these colors (just about anything not on the grayscale) would not load properly, and it'd look generally bad.

Looks cooool.

Will it be hosted?

Looks cooool.

Will it be hosted?

I'm having issues with people connecting to my server lately, but if I ever get that sorted I'd be happy to host it.

I can host it today.

NINJAEDIT: By the way I can alway host on Tuesdays 6:00pm.

As long as playability is good, detail doesn't matter.
In this case, it seems to be a very solid map to play on.

I can host it today.

NINJAEDIT: By the way I can alway host on Tuesdays 6:00pm.
And I agree with you HikerBob

oh my gosh i love this.
Could you also post a save?

Really nice work. Good job. :)

HOLY stuff WOW, this is probably the best L4D build I've seen. Really nice looking colorset and screenshots, too.

This is good!
Wait, how did you get the new scattergun? I can't seem to find the new V of T+T.
Fond it.