Author Topic: What was the first OS, UI and PC Brand you worked with?  (Read 2915 times)

I "worked" (Barely cared about) with 98 first. My sister had her own PC as she was the oldest. UI was of course the 98 UI. This was 1996-1999.
I then worked with an eMachines computer in 2000 - 2003, it came with XP Home Edition and (of course) the Luna theme and the XP UI.
Eventually in 2004-2007 I upgraded to a more powerful machine with XP Media Center, a Pentium 4 and 512MB RAM.
Now (2008-Present) I'm on an incredibly powerful customized HP Gaming PC and a laptop.

What did you guys work with first?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 06:29:31 PM by MackTheHunter »

I worked with an eMachines computer from 2000

Why are you always attracted to stuff computers. :c

My first computer was an iBook Clamshell Indigo with OSX Panther 10.3.9 and 366mhz PPC.

Don't know, but older than 2000, probably 98 or the one before; don't know what you even mean this time; IBM.

First PC for me was a Dell 4700 with Windows XP home edition with Service pack 2.
died, then rebuilt.
Still sticks with me today. <3

I had like, Windows XP Home first, had it from when I was 5 to when i was like 10. It was horrible.



Windows 2000
oh god
the memories
it was sooooooo slow

2000 XP?
It's from 2000 but XP.

Mac OS 10.2. Those were sad times. :c

When I first started using computers, I used a PC that came with Windows 95 (still have it)
Got my own PC that ran Windows 98 in 2003, upgraded it to XP
Got a Mac Mini in 2005, stopped using it in 2006 (went back to the older PC) (ran OSX 10.4, I still have it)
Got a Dell Optiplex 320 in 2007, ended up turning "bricked" because the BIOS killed itself (ran XP, Vista then Windows 7 Beta)
Built the PC I've used every day at the end of 2008, been slowly upgrading it. I call her Isidora. Downgraded from Win7 Beta to Vista Ultimate.
Got an Alienware M11x laptop at the beginning of this year (2011).

First OS I used was Windows XP (apparantly at that time it was new so I was like yay I'm cool)
No idea what UI is.
As for PC Brand, it was Packard Bell and the screen was a Philips.
My daddy got it for me :3



u didnt c wut i did ther