Author Topic: "Blockland Stealth", oh jesus another RTB clone.  (Read 7311 times)

Don't store the registry in a dat file. Just store a previous entry in a settings value then get the current value and set it to the settings value every time the program starts. This way, if the user reinstalls, it is detected and auto changed.
The dat files are stored in as files, not registry objects. I used to use My.Settings, but when Platinum Blockland became fragile to it and the settings would be erased each time Platinum Blockland's location was changed (ex. rename directory, move directory, move application, etc.)

Also, what language are you using?

VB and MySQL. I'm using VB because I have a lot to do and I don't want to waste my time to get less results. I know C, C#, and C++ but I really don't want to bother.

VB and MySQL. I'm using VB because I have a lot to do and I don't want to waste my time to get less results. I know C, C#, and C++ but I really don't want to bother.
I use Basic as well. I might rewrite my program in C# in the future, and in Java to make Macintosh support.

I don't think it matters what actions the program takes to do simple tasks like finding folders. Jeep was referring to core features.

I use Basic as well. I might rewrite my program in C# in the future, and in Java to make Macintosh support.
Have you ever heard of Mono?

See my topic in General Discussion. Hope that clears things up.

Have you ever heard of Mono?
Only in audio have I heard of Mono.

Only in audio have I heard of Mono.
Then, simply put, Mono is the thing that would prevent you from having to rewrite it.
Mono is an open source implementation of CLR (Common Language Runtime (the standard that .NET is an implementation of too)) which is compatible with Linux and Mac OS X.

To add to the last post:
I don't see why you are referencing Shell32.dll though.

To add to the last post:
I don't see why you are referencing Shell32.dll though.
Shell32.dll was referenced for zip files.