Author Topic: Platinum Blockland version 4.01  (Read 13204 times)

Ok so there is... Rtb, Cloud, AfterBlock, Stealth and now PB, Any More? What is somebody gonna make a" Blockland Organiser" Organise All your Blockland things in one place, even tho they have all the same use!
RTB - Mod Manager / IRC / Server Stuff
--
Cloud - Mod Manager / Chat / More
--
After Block - Brick Creator / Name Generator / Games / Packager / IRC
--
Stealth - Online Clan System / News / Video System / Private Add-On Trading / Profiles / Voice Messaging / Chat / Apps / Advertising / IMMC Browser
--
PB - Brick Creator / File Operations / Packager / Dedicated Server Starter / Blockland Starter
--

AB is original. PB copied a few AB features / feels

RTB is original. BC copied a few RTB features / feels

Stealth is original.
--------
There's quite a bit of variety between the mega-mods, but some developers are starting to copy others slowly. We NEED creativity. The community doesn't want 2 Mod Managers. The community wants 1 of everything. 2 is 1 too many. Creativity is something I cannot emphasize enough.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:26:16 PM by Jeep »

Tom

I don't want any managers until someone makes a manager that actually does something useful.

I agree with Jeep, the only possible creations that might lock horns are AB and PB. RTB is huge and will probably never face any "competition" so to speak. BC is dead apparently, and Stealth is pretty unique in its concept.

I agree with Jeep, the only possible creations that might lock horns are AB and PB. RTB is huge and will probably never face any "competition" so to speak. BC is dead apparently, and Stealth is pretty unique in its concept.

PB came before AB. I know, I beta'd the first version.

And yeah, it might get to that though.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:39:11 PM by Killer2 »

PB came before AB. I know, I beta'd the first version.

And yeah, it might get to that though.
AB was in dev before PB. PB was quick to come out.

I don't want any managers until someone makes a manager that actually does something useful.
An example, please?

This.

And since AB has been released, PB has been visibly influenced by it. Thats not a bad thing, you have to keep up with competing programs. But he could be more unique about it.

Maybe this version, but not the ones before it.

I know people will consider it biased for me to comment, but I can't help feel a little bit of AfterBlock has begun to shine through Platinum Blockland ever since I released AB. For example the welcome on Platinum is very AB-ish. For example AB shows my character and has a casual speech-like explanation of the startup process. Suddenly Platinum now has a very similar startup in that respect, something the older versions never had until AB came along.
Actually, I have had my character in Alpha through v2 I removed it upon the release v3. The welcome message however, has remained, but not as a speech bubble. I am leaving the characters to you, and going my own way.

AB is original. PB copied a few AB features / feels
I am not trying to sound stubborn but; I have never 'copied' off of AfterBlock. I started building Blockland Manager before I knew about AfterBlock. I abandoned the project until I showed it to messa90, and started to work on it again, a few days later I heard about AfterBlock. All of present Platinum Blockland features have been thought of and developed by me.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 12:04:13 AM by Tyler66 »

I'll beta-test for Ubuntu.

I could do Beta testing for Windows Vista

I suppose I could beta for WinServ08R2

Crappy 3rd party Blockland programs
Crappy 3rd party Blockland programs everywhere
Like yours.