Author Topic: The Royal Wedding  (Read 25940 times)

Id much rather see a Royal Wedding than the best ways to spend coupons and what the black guy down the street did

Because all news is centered around everyday living and random crime. Besides, the title of Royalty is over hyped by way too many people these days.

I'd actually rather watch a Prime minister getting married than useless royalty.

I'd actually rather watch a Prime minister getting married than useless royalty.
Royalty are higher up then our prime minister.

Royalty are higher up then our prime minister.

I haven't seen them do anything significant since Queen Victoria.

Besides, I know its tradition, but foreign media hype over it is just stupid.

Because all news is centered around everyday living and random crime. Besides, the title of Royalty is over hyped by way too many people these days.

I'd actually rather watch a Prime minister getting married than useless royalty.
Yes
That or a bunch of political nutjobs arguing back and forth about nothing

I haven't seen them do anything significant since Queen Victoria.
well, they're getting married!

well, they're getting married!

stuff man, not a lot of people can do that.

I'd actually rather watch a Prime minister getting married than useless royalty.

 Royalty is advised by the PM.

I haven't seen them do anything significant since Queen Victoria.

 The Queen holds the power to appoint the Prime Minister herself. She'd rather not do anything funny.

Does anyone else realize that British Royalty has been inbreeding for so long, banging cousins and sisters?
Our king cheated on the queen and got another daughter, who he won't even see because it would kill our reputation if he approved of her existence.
She is just stupid and easily swayed by mass politics most likely.
What Colten said.
Barack Obama is a representative monarch, he makes lots of money and doesn't do stuff.
I don't know, I'm talking about my monarchy.
Anyways, I care more about my media focusing on real issues in the world rather than some over-hyped people of importance who don't really contribute to society getting married in a foreign country. So no, I will not watch it.
We're not even talking about the media overdoing it here, we're just talking about the actual event. I don't care what the media does, they're handicapped.

I'm really disappointed to see so many antipathetic people in this thread.

Tom

Remember that this is something that only happens once a generation.

We get a day of school, i really dont mind :L
And remember, she could be the queen one day :o

The Queen holds the power to appoint the Prime Minister herself. She'd rather not do anything funny.

I thought parliament voted for the PM? Or does the Queen just authorize it? I don't know how many responsibilities the Queen has today, and you did correct me there, but this foreign hype over it is still stupid.

I thought parliament voted for the PM? Or does the Queen just authorize it? I don't know how many responsibilities the Queen has today, and you did correct me there, but this foreign hype over it is still stupid.
The Queen asks the winner of the polls to form a Government, i think its a old tradition and even if the queen refused the winning party would go into office.

Remember that this is something that only happens once a generation.

Somewhere in a desert, a drop of rain drips off a certain rock on a certain pebble, once a generation.

Seems like we should celebrate it,.

Somewhere in a desert, a drop of rain drips off a certain rock on a certain pebble, once a generation.

Seems like we should celebrate it,.
You're comparing a drop of rain falling on a rock to the image of the united kingdom?

Somewhere in a desert, a drop of rain drips off a certain rock on a certain pebble, once a generation.

Seems like we should celebrate it,.
Not quite as 'important' as the possible future king of England getting married to the possibly future queen of England.