Author Topic: Trap Bricks  (Read 4485 times)

I was wondering if it's possible to give bricks certain 'trap' properties that would activate when approached, stepped on or some trigger is activated. It would be really fun to have such a thing.

Here are a few ideas...

Spike Trap: Would do slight damage to anyone who steps on it.

Arrow Trap: Trigger is presses and trap brick would shoot an arrow into a certain direction.

False brick: Brick is destroyed when stepped on (and will respawn after a while). You could put a pit bellow it for people to fall to their demise.

Poison Gas Trap: Trigger is pressed and trap brick will emmit a cloud of gas that will cause damage over time to anyone who touches it.

Electricity Trap: Trigger is pressed and trap brick zaps anyone nearby with a large amount of electricity (It would be AWESOME to have my tesla coil actually work!)

Good idea?

Wow this would be cool for DM's too. maybe with the electricity, you could have a emmiter brick, and when you step on the trigger, the electricity goes from emmiter to whoever triggered

fishpen0

This is a really good idea and could be used for DMs along with boobie traps in ancient temple builds and whatnot....

1337 for dm builds.  this would allow the use of mild jets without having to worry about people survivng the fall.

nice idea, maby someone should make a emitter that would shot something and if you get close it attaches to you, like the wind laser just hitting you.

To make it activate, you can place a trigger around the brick or make a radius check. I know how to make the triggers around a brick and radius checks, but the graphical detail from it might be difficult...

You could have a weapon mount on a brick like an emitter, and then have a bot-type script that would detect a player in the trigger and shoot at him (so it could be used as stationary guns, too).

These are some really good ideas.

More ideas...

Land mine: Explodes when stepped on.

Ambush: When triggered, spawns several bots to kill nearby enemies for a few seconds.

Ice trap: Freezes the one who activates it. Thaws after a few seconds.

Force blast: The guy who activates it gets jettisoned high into the air.

It's times like this I wish that I knew how to program. :^(
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 09:42:55 PM by Shrum »

fishpen0

A cool one for underwater would spawn sharks...with lazers.

Force blast: The guy who activates it gets jettisoned high into the air.

That would be awesome for jump pads to high places

that would be a really good thing for fort wars...have traps that will slow, hurt or kill anyone who is trying to get to yout base

Opps trap: remove apart of your body for every 2 seconds your on it till you die :D
(very possible)

THE PYLONS ARE TRAP CARDS.