Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Gran Turismo 5 - |The real driving simulator.|  (Read 15906 times)

How about monday? Seeing as I'm free, also I'm gonna be hosting an open practice for the races tonight at 6:00 PM Eastern.

Sounds good to me.

I'm Kevdude10 on GT5 and I generally drive an '09 Corvette

Wrong!!!, GT5 is Cheaper than 60 bucks

Newegg.com has it for 34 bucks: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879261178&cm_re=gran_turismo_5-_-79-261-178-_-Product

That's Newegg. I'm talking about mainstream stores like Target, or Best Buy.

I'm gonna give some recommendations on cars to use for the tournament.

Mercedes SLS AMG

Car accelerates fantastically. Grip is amazing, top speed is fantastic. Very forgiving car, it'll only slide if you want it to. I've never spun out. Best all-around sports car in my opinion.

Nissan GT-R SpecV

Specifically the SpecV model, this car can turn so well to the point of where your eyeballs might not stay in. You know those fancy headlights that turn in the direction the car is steering? Nissan was gonna put them in the GT-R but it turns too fast for them. It's a very quick car, accelerates great, top speed is great, but don't trust it too much when sliding, it might bite your ass.

Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4

When fully tuned, the baby lambo is probably the most slidable car in the game. It's an absolute blast because it's addicted to sliding around every corner in a perfect manner. Sometimes it can spin too much, but it's rare, and if you're handling it right it's a total blast. Top speed is good but acceleration could be better. Braking is a bit slow. If you're looking for total grip though, I'd look elsewhere, this car is slippery in a good way.

Ferrari 458 Italia

Decent all-around GT racer. Acceleration and top speed are great. I suggest not trying to slide it; it's more difficult than you think. Grip is a bit mediocre. Other than that, turnability is a bit of a pain, a bit too much understeer. Looks great and is fast and quick though.

Ford GT

Fast. Faaaast fast fast. In fact, 815 HP when fully tuned, to be exact. The car is somewhat quick but top speed is great, but because it's a midrear car AND because it's a big fat heavy american muscle car, it has loads of understeer stock, but with some racing slicks and a few suspention modifications it's a whole world better. Still not as good as others, though. This car also sounds like it's going to eat goats for breakfast.

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6)

When fully tuned, it has slight understeer but slides well to make up for it. It's a quick car, and it's top speed is mindblowing for it's type. But it's still an american muscle car so the acceleration isn't AMAZING, and the understeer can be a big pain sometimes. The racing modified version is fantastic but RMs are prohibited in the tournament.

There you go.

871HP, 1044kg
This car is a loving beast, if you can drive it. Took me a few races to be able to even handle it. You have to be very gentle with corners, even though it will rocket around them like a bat out of hell.

Scratch that, the practice is at 9.

I just rode through Nurgburgring to get a feel for the track. The SLR eats up the asphalt, and I went through that track in less than 5 minutes in one lap. Holy forget.

Okay, Comatose, you definitely didn't make it in five minutes. Five minutes is the speed that the Zonda R ALMOST made in real life, and it's the speed that Formula 1 cars make it around. Your little SLR can't go that fast and you definitely can't control it that well. Even my best lap is like 6 minutes.

Anyway, I'm doing license tests then I'm hosting at 9 PM eastern for group practice.

The practice server is now up. It's a Canadian free run titled "BL GT Qualifying". Get here nao.

The practice server is now up. It's a Canadian free run titled "BL GT Qualifying". Get here nao.
NOW??, but i cant make it now or tomorrow or even possibly saturday.

NOW??, but i cant make it now or tomorrow or even possibly saturday.

I already killed the server cus nobody showed up.

TEH PICTURES LOOK SO REAL AWWWWWWWW!

I could probably pick one up for you if you trade me something for it.
Hah, I don't have anything you would want.
I'll just look through the ocassion dealer more often.
s-adfas-
What is your meaning of fully tuned?
All the parts and stuff?
Or do you also mean hardcore tuning, like setting the weights and stuff.

I need a good guide on tuning D:

Hah, I don't have anything you would want.
I'll just look through the ocassion dealer more often.What is your meaning of fully tuned?
All the parts and stuff?
Or do you also mean hardcore tuning, like setting the weights and stuff.

I need a good guide on tuning D:
Well i found one but may be wrong(I learned on my own how to tuning in most racing games with a lot of year loving auto racing) http://gt5mania.com/tuning-guide/.