Author Topic: TF2 error: Steam server's too busy to handle your request  (Read 3822 times)

I just FINALLY got TF2 free edition and I'm getting that error after validating steam files. Help?

Too many people downloading TF2 right now.

Try again later.

I've tried, and read some more forum posts about other people trying too, didn't work, they posted 2 fixes, one being reinstalling steam. I might do that... later.

Just wait a bit. I got the same error around Christmas and peak times during the day.

Is this a peak time? Because it's clearly not christmas.

Is this a peak time? Because it's clearly not christmas.

Probably considering its during the day on a Saturday and everyone is downloading TF2 which is quite big. Just wait till later in the day or at night to initiate the download.

But i've loving waited all day for freaking TF2 to update!

But i've loving waited all day for freaking TF2 to update!
Oh hey, you're Tudoreleuu.

Not surprised at that comment there, hey just wait, alright? It's a big thing. Just keep waiting, your narcissism isn't going to fix anything.

But I'm mad :( At least let's meet in a BL server and do something cool to cool me down. Any suggestions?

But I'm mad :( At least let's meet in a BL server and do something cool to cool me down. Any suggestions?
meet at mine i suppose then

Think about it.

Everyone Dl's on saturday

Plays on Sunday

They don't want to dl it on Sunday and play it on Monday when it's first day of work/school.

I don't really think you should be complaining.
It's not like you're paying for it.

Now it goes to 100% validating, waits 15 mins, goes back to 45 %, then goes to 100% and waits 5 mins, then the same error.

I paid for this game for P2P servers

now its a piece of stuff

I paid for this game for P2P servers

now its a piece of stuff
Boo hoo. I'm fine with it, Since i got to see how terrible bloody mary is at gaming because of it.